Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Gilbert guitars for sale!!!!

Mod

Paul Gilbert guitars for sale!!!!

http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=899 just thought some people would be interested

AFAIK the guitars are sold already... they went pretty fast. Dunno whether any are left.
    I really love that pink BC Rich, since I am a big fan of Racer X, especially their early stuff. And that guitar was used a lot by Paul back then.
    But itīs sold already...
    Eric

On a related topic, there are a bunch of new videos on the RacerX website!

Bulldog seems like an early version of Colorado Bulldog. His technique is ridiculously impressive in that one.
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

Hi there...

where is that "Bulldog" video ? The only ones I can see are that older version of "Fire Of Rock" ( very cool ) and "Godzilla"... are there some vids anywhere else ?
    Eric

You have to hack your way in! Just kidding, here's the link, but it is not available from the general videos.html page.

http://www.racerxband.com/videos/

I actually got this link from an earlier post here on ibreathe, and I didn't ever go through the normal racerx website navigation.
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

Mod
    you have no Idea how long it takes to download one of these videos with dial up connection (unless your one of the poor souls like me that has dail up) but I downloaded Bulldog and I can say I'm probably gonna be a Racer X fan along with a PG fan too.

N.P= BULLDOG!!!

Bizarro:

Dīuh !!! I provided that link back then !!!
    Thanks...

And Metaljustice... good choice... Racer X is a very cool band. Check out at least "Street Lethal", "Technical Difficulties" and "Extreme Volume 1"...
    Eric

... and talking about Paul selling some guitars, if heīd ever sell one of THOSE ( pictured below, all pics courtesy of racerxband.com ), Iīd try to go for them...
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by Bizarro
    On a related topic, there are a bunch of new videos on the RacerX website!

Bulldog seems like an early version of Colorado Bulldog. His technique is ridiculously impressive in that one.
    Yeah, thatīs the intro and riff of "Colorado Bulldog" ( if anyone wants to check out the original, itīs from Mr. Bigīs "Bump Ahead" album ).
    I think this video-clip is taken from "Guitars From Mars", which is another instructional video Paul once did. Itīs not that easy to find ( I think it was meant to be mainly for the japanese market ), but I heard that some people bought DVD- or VHS-tapes of it on Ebay...

OH, and I once tabbed out that intro of "Bulldog" for one of my articles, the one about the stretch-pentatonic.,..
    Check it out HERE

Eric

The one thing that strikes me funny is that his signature guitars still have the floating birdges, but his personal guitars have been altered to fixed bridge (most of them anyway). Why don't they start releasing his guitars as fixed bridge so that way they truly reflect what he personally uses?

Well,
    several things come to mind.

Agreed, the PGM 30 ( which, I think, is the only PGM-model officially available in the US, the other models are mainly sold in Japan ), does have the floating bridge. ( It also has Ibanez PUīs instead of DiMarzios, which I guess is caused by the lower prize ).
    BUT:
    1. Among his other guitars, Paul actually occasionally IS using a PGM 30 with a Floyd ROse. He did so on "Superheroes", for one or more songs. At least that is what I read.

2. I think Ibanez wouldnīt wanna change a model after that many years. And the PGM 30 is still selling kinda well. Most people might prefer a floating bridge for more versatility.

3. The other PGM models ( PGM 90 HAM, PGM 500 ) do have fixed bridges.

4. If you do happen to get the lower-budget PGM30, you can do the same thing Paul used to do... have a luthier replace the FR with a fixed bridge. Since the PGM30 is available at a pretty low price ( compared to some of the other PGM models ), this investment could be considered "OK".

5. The PGM is, after all, simply another RG-based guitar. A variation on the good olī RG-model. Back when I still used a PGM, I was testing both the RG550, JEM and PGM, and I eventually picked the PGM cuz I liked the outer appearance ( love the F-Holes ), the feel of the neck, the fact that itīs back-routed.
    I actually liked the floating bridge, and after I had replaced the PUīs, I was all happy with it. I didnīt want EXACTLY what Paul plays, I simply liked th guitar and liked the FR.

I might be wrong though
    Eric

I am not much of a floating bridge guy. I can understand the deal with the 30's but, last I knew the Japanese PGM300's also still had the Edge trems. I am actually looking forward to checking out the new Ibanez Zero Resistance trems that are on the S series guitars. I have read that it was designed by Tama (I know, strange). That sounds like the bridge for those of us who are not big on floating bridges. Go to http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2003/trems.htm
    to see the scoop on the new Edge models and the new ZR trem. It is anybody's game now that the Floyd patent ran out. No more liscensing restrictions.

Hey there

the Zero res.-thing sounds interesting. Its not weird at all that Tama designed it. Tama belongs to the same company as Ibanez ( Hoshino ), theyīre partners. And in the 70s or 80s, Tama also built guitars...

I didnt know that the FR-patent ran out. Weīll see what kind of stuff companies nowīll come up with. The FR "Speedloader" system didnīt really convince me yet, though ( http://www.floydrose.com/ )

Eric

I've once owned a model similar to the second from left of the guitars Eric V posted. Boy, what a crabby guitar. Ibanez will always suck! They are only popular because Ibanez in the 80's won the endorsement wars simply because they were able to offer more cash to stars such as Vai, Satriani, Reb Beach, Alex Skolnick, Petrucci etc...

Take for instance a Jem7v. The fretboard looks so nice: It's nothing but a piece of colored paper and a piece of transparent plastic. Why not buy an american made Jackson or BC Rich instead? It's generally better craftmanship and better materials.

I can understand, if you want an Ibanez Paul Gilbert has actually played (and they are definitely custom made and not just an overpriced piece of assembly line scamped work).

Sorry for my harsh oppinion.

Yes, I must admit that I now and then visit Ed Romans site.
    Last edited by Asse; 02-21-2003 at 12:35 PM.

Guitarists are a very picky breed. You can't satisfy all. At the end of the day, you have to buy what you like. I think Les Pauls are the most overpriced things on the face of the earth. Others think they are masterpieces of luthiery genius. You vote with your $$$. As for Ed Roman...whatever. How else are you going to get green inlays? Emeralds are a little expensive, don't you think? Last I knew, albalone and pearl didn't come in green so they don't work so well for vine inlays. Paper and plastic are the logical choices for vine inlays. I am sure they could have used some other green looking stuff, but they got the result they wanted with what they are using.