Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: ..........I Went To see Steve Vai last night..........

Geeetar, wel looky here!! AndylovesGuitar's Avatar

..........I Went To see Steve Vai last night..........

As the title says, last night i went to Nottingham, England to see the one and only Steve Vai.....................what can i say? The guy is a legend. Many lump in the throat moments. Technique wise he doesn't blow me away any more cos i've been listening to him for so long, but to finally to see him live was amazing..............oh and his band................woww. Tony McAlpine is very much a star, and Billy.......................the whole night was awesome, got home about 12.30 and bored the pants off my girlfriend for an hour!!!

Even if you're not a fan, you should go and watch this guy, he knows how to put on a show.

AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by AndylovesGuitar
    Even if you're not a fan, you should go and watch this guy, he knows how to put on a show.

AWESOME.
    Oh, yeah, he sure does .....

I saw him a couple of weeks ago, too....same here just AWESOME !

But unlike you, I'm still blown away by his technique no matter, how much I listen to him .....

I also liked Dave Weiner's playing on the concert a lot !!!

realizing dreams
    I saw him too a month ago, great playing not only by steve vay, I also love billy sheehan and dave weener rocks, too...how old is he?
    And not to forget special guest eric sardinas!

I saw him a few days ago too- One word: awesome!

I saw him on Saturday, well not only did I see him in concert. I MET him. I had EVO tickets, for the whole of him talking to us (me and 29 others) I was closest to him, I was literally like 2 feet away from Steve Vai for ages! I'm not at home now so I can't go into very much detail, but it was absolutely in-****ing-credible. I also met all of Eric Sardinas band after the show. What a bunch of cool guys.

Oh and to rub salt into the wound, I went to a guitar clinic of Petrucci's yesterday, got a picture signed, and I'm seeing Dream Theater tomorrow.

Geeetar, wel looky here!! AndylovesGuitar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie FT
    I saw him on Saturday, well not only did I see him in concert. I MET him. I had EVO tickets, for the whole of him talking to us (me and 29 others) I was closest to him, I was literally like 2 feet away from Steve Vai for ages! I'm not at home now so I can't go into very much detail, but it was absolutely in-****ing-credible. I also met all of Eric Sardinas band after the show. What a bunch of cool guys.

Oh and to rub salt into the wound, I went to a guitar clinic of Petrucci's yesterday, got a picture signed, and I'm seeing Dream Theater tomorrow.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAH no fair!!

realizing dreams
    Awesome! Please go into detail when your at home!