Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Hot Licks Musical Instruction videos

Hot Licks Musical Instruction videos

Hey I wondering if any of you guys know if the hot licks music instructional videos went out of business? None of the numbers on the website work at all and I am searching for the Eric Johnson instructional videos. Anybody with info?

I picked up a few of those from various music stores' bargain bins and downloaded a few videos off the net. Hot licks was around in the late 80s and i believe they seized in about 1990 or so. Of course the phone numbers don't work dude, it was the 1980s, that's a long time ago. LOL. Some of those hot licks vidz are really good and some not so good, but i always laugh at the fashion and big hair, its awesome. Try ebay i suggest, you might be suprised what you find.

...Good avatar, Satch!
    Can you spell T-E-N-D-O-N-I-T-I-S?

Quote Originally Posted by satch_master
    Of course the phone numbers don't work dude, it was the 1980s, that's a long time ago. LOL.
    UHHHHHH...... Yea, but they have a website DUDE. With numbers on them and I also don't remember the net being around at that time either.

Yes. Hot Licks went out of business. If you ever wanted a Hot Licks video better scramble to pick up the inventory left at other retailers.

-Dan
    "In improvised music you easily can tell who is a guitar player and who is a musician." - Maarten (fellow IBMer)

Thanks Dan. But can anyone answer why they still have a FRIGGIN website then if they shut down in 1990? Makes no sense at all. Thanks alot.

I'm not sure if they have gone out of buisness or not. That site was updated in 2003.

However you can get some of the Hot Licks videos on DVD from Amazon. They only have a few titles though. They do have an Eric Johnson one called Total Electric Guitar. These are much cheaper than the old VHS ones. He had another one called the fine art of guitar which is availbale on VHS here
    ________
    Aluminum grinders
    Last edited by widdly widdly; 04-11-2011 at 07:08 AM.

im no expert on this subject but from what i have heard is that they never really went out of business but the the guy who owns it had some major personal tragedies happen in the early 90s and just kinda froze for a long while but is in some slow stage of production now..mostly in updateing im sure like the DVD stuff that was mentioned earlier.

There website looks quite normal. Theres a site caled www.licklibrary.com here in england which sells videos by vinnie moore and michael fath and stuff but youl have to search for them on there. There not to much either but i guess there in pal. They have dvds to.

It's hard to find it. If I'm not mistaken, there are few pirated hot licks vcd at my place. You can download some of it off the net too.
    The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing