Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Tabulate a Morbid Angel song?

Tabulate a crazy solo?

can anyone tab any of this solo? i really love it, super fast melodic sweeping and craziness, id love to start to learn that style, id appreciate any help.

this is the german band Lost Soul.

well its not morbid angel, i was gunna have a morbid angel solo but they use too much whammy which i dont have, and i forgot to change the name when i posted this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ragman; 07-20-2005 at 07:13 PM.
    How dare them bury
    what should be mine
    My dead companions
    on which I dine
    Gravaged - by Lord Worm, CryptopsY

no one ever cares =(
    How dare them bury
    what should be mine
    My dead companions
    on which I dine

That's because not everyone likes metal around here.
    I like heavy metal, although this speed stuff is a bit too fast and heavy for me, im into the classic stuff.

As for that solo, it did nothing for me, didn't play with my emotions or give me any feel. Kirk hammet is the master of palying solos that just make my spine tingle and my eyes pop out of my head. Yes it was fast, and i canno't possibly tab it out, i can barely hear it. It is very technical and extreme shred.

Itīs not that no one likes metal around here, that ainīt true. I like lots of metal, even though I hardly ever listen to Morbid Angel and bands like that ( I like Meshuggah though ).
    The problem is that tabbing out stuff can take a long time, and thatīs what I usually donīt have enough of, so thatīs why I donīt reply to TAB requests. I can only speak for myself, but that is my reason for not reacting in this specific case.
    I did listen to the MP3, and not only would it take quite a while to tab out, I also think that the guitar is buried in the mix a bit, which makes it hard to hear exactly what is going on ( something I have heard pretty often with those kinda bands. I once wanted to transcribe some Morbid Angel solo... this was years ago. And the guitar was so low in the mix that I gave up on it cuz it was impossible to make out all the details. )

Regarding the solo posted above, most of it is fast picking, some sweeping towards the end. Mainly based on the minor scale, as far as I can tell after listening once. I think the high speed-background adds to the intensity of the solo, which I think is an important aspect.
    Other than that, some of those licks donīt sound too uncommon, they remind me of stuff I have heard from other shred-style players, but they sound a bit different with that kinda background.
    I think a good way to get started with that style of soloing would be to try to play over some of those songs, or a backing track in that style. Whatīs mandatory though is that you have your chops together and make sure that whatever fast lick you play is played accurately.
    Instead of trying to figure out your favorite solos, it might also be a good idea to listen to the texture and structure of the solos and try to come up with something like that. Right after the solo starts, the guitarist played a certain run ( with little breaks in there ) which he then repeats an octave lower, so try to o something similar in order to emulate that lick.
    I know this ainīt as good as a TAB of that solo, but maybe it helps
    Eric

true, sorry its an old recording and i ripped it from a mp3 and lowered the quality i think
    How dare them bury
    what should be mine
    My dead companions
    on which I dine

I thought exactly the same thing when listening to it. I could tell it was minor but I wasn't sure if I heard a little bit of harmonic minor.
    v2sw3CUhw6ln3pr6OFck3ma9u6Lw3Xm6l6Ui2Ne5t5TSFDAb8T DOen7g6RZATHCMHPa21s6MSr53Dp3hackerkey