Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strictly Latin

so noone else hears the distorted guitar solo in the backing track? o.o......
    {~-=I am the Lizard King, I can do anything-=~} (R.I.P Jim)

Quote Originally Posted by GtrvVampyre
    so noone else hears the distorted guitar solo in the backing track? o.o......
    Hmmm, Like I said, it could be Russ' guitar in the background, or maybe you're mistaking the tres for a ditorted guitar. Check the original backing tracks and see if you hear it better. I used both the original backtrack, and Rudy's with added claves.
    "It ain't what you play man! Its how you play it."
    Hidden Content

I mean, i hear it in the original, i dont remember hearing it in the new one...and it clearly sounds like a electric guitar climaxing and even when the backing track cuts out for a second (or los's tres does) i can hear it even better in the background it seems..
    Last edited by GtrvVampyre; 08-26-2005 at 03:00 AM.

No don't worry vampdude, you are correct.

I mixed our version first and then created the backing track by bouncing only the tracks I wanted in the backing to a stereo pair of tracks. So I simply cut Rudy's lead tres track and my lead guitar track and left everything else up.

Unfortunately, I left the volume up veeeeery slightly on my lead track when I bounced for the backing track mix so it comes thorugh in the background very slightly.

Apologies, I only realised it much later myself.

Lol, I was hoping it wasnt in my head

Cool

Hi! i like to identify the clave patterns in the audios, if i'm correct both "ibreathe social club.mp3" and "Russ and Rudy's Social Club.mp3" are both in 2-3 clave.

clave counting goes:
    (i use 4/4 time coz it's easier for me, bold chars==clave sound)

1 n 2 n 3 n 4 n 1 n 2 n 3 n 4 n

nice improv solo on Russ and rudy's social club.mp3, i think the lead guitar's tone (the cleaner one)sounds like an indian sitar, against the background with the "dirty" tone guitar, sounds like indian/brazilian/rock fusion.

why not try using nylon string guitar or a more darkened toned overdriven electric guitar for the solo part? i think those would also be great.

for more info look for Nelson Faria's "The Brazilian Sound". There are some nice examples on chord substitution in the Bossa Nova Chapter and a bit of Samba Chord melody in the book. And also Bruce Buckingham's "Latin Guitar".

Cheers!
    Last edited by roel; 09-29-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    Guitars Only blog http://u.bb/116565/guitarsonly
    Hidden Content

Hey Tucker, This is Rudy, revived from the dead. I took a listen and man I love your sound. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Los_Boleros
    Hey Tucker, This is Rudy, revived from the dead. I took a listen and man I love your sound. Nice job!
    Well, thank you very much Rudy, I'm flattered. You know I always value your opinion. Although, I am a little hurt that it took 3 1/2 years before you listened to it. (Just kidding.)

You and me are both back from the dead. I haven't been doing much online stuff lately, since I hooked up with a small group of live musicians. Unfortunately, all they ever want to play is blues. I mean I like blues, but I also like a little variety.

What has kept you away for so long? Still performing around the Bay area?

Have you checked out Russ' "Cane Cutter" site yet? He's got some very nice stuff out there.
    "It ain't what you play man! Its how you play it."
    Hidden Content

Re: Back fron dead

Quote Originally Posted by tucker97325
    Well, thank you very much Rudy, I'm flattered. You know I always value your opinion. Although, I am a little hurt that it took 3 1/2 years before you listened to it. (Just kidding.)

You and me are both back from the dead. I haven't been doing much online stuff lately, since I hooked up with a small group of live musicians. Unfortunately, all they ever want to play is blues. I mean I like blues, but I also like a little variety.

What has kept you away for so long? Still performing around the Bay area?

Have you checked out Russ' "Cane Cutter" site yet? He's got some very nice stuff out there.

Well the wedding season has begun and Los Boleros is booked for a wedding nearly every single saturday through the summer.

I am also the musical coordinator for -SALSA FRIDAYS- at a club in the heart of Fillmores Historical Jazz District so I there every Friday night, if not playing, I am directing, MC, DJ and even Sound Guy.

Add that to a full time job, I have been very busy. I am trying to take a little siesta right now before heading to this afternoons wedding.

Theres so much to do and such little time.

I will google Russ's site and check it out.

ciao,
    -Rudy

Last edited by Los_Boleros; 03-21-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add image and link to my web site videos (click on image)

WOW! Old school! Alright lads?

CC site been a bit quiet recently but by all means check me out at my links in the sig.

Good to hear from you guys again! Drop me a line!

Hi Sir, Thank you for all valuable Inputs.