Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strictly Latin

Oh! Top job Steve, veeeeery nice!

Ash that was excellent my man, I realy enjoyed that! I loved the tone and yes, that arp practice is defintely paying off, great playing. I thought the tone was really Mariachi, if you know what I mean.

JohnJ, spot on. I think you worried yourself too much about the resolution issue and that comes across a bit, I thought it was excellent and without the worry you would have ripped the groove!

Mateo, not comedic, I loved those passing tones!! Sine real nice stuff in there.

Nice one guys

Quote Originally Posted by UKRuss
    Mateo, not comedic, I loved those passing tones!! Sine real nice stuff in there.
    Awww..... I was going for comedic, guess I have to work on my scherzos a bit more.
    They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

Scherzos? Is that like Naxos or Muzak?

It sounds like a spicy sausage...

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    "Scherzos" -- A big St Bernard dog, owned by a famous, but decidedly unfunny, comedian, and related to another called Schnorbitz!!
    (The dog's called Schnorbitz, not the unfunny comedian!!!!)

related to Chorizos, these are the funny slanted spicy spanish sausage... . hot hot hot!!!
    They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

Hey Rudy, I broke out the classical for you on this one. I don't know why I didn't get to this one sooner. I really like what you guys did, and I tried not to stomp all over it, but the tres faded away in the mix down. Sorry, I'll work on it a little more, and try to bring the tres a little more into the foreground.

I tried to imagine how the "Good view" guys would do it. Don't think I came to close to that though.

EDIT: Tuckerelo2 is the same take, I just tried to bring the tres out to the front in a few places, as promised. (OMG) I kept trying to bring OUT the Tres, when all I really needed to do was push back my guitar! Gee, and I wonder why I'm not a sound engineer?????
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tucker97325; 08-26-2005 at 04:34 PM.
    "It ain't what you play man! Its how you play it."
    Hidden Content

Thumbs up

now tht was a nice take. Im listening to it right now. the notes really sound out well.

Excellent excellent excellent FriarinoTuckerelo.

Much enjoyed, and unless my amateur ear is very much mistaken a most strickly harmonic minor take?

Frustration = Find something that works, and repeat it with variations.

Well thank you both.

To be honest, this piece gave me some trouble. I must have started it 15 times. I kept getting thrown off after the first couple of measures. Then I went back and actually "read" what was said about the changes, but by that time I was already pretty frustrated with it. So, I did one more take, and that's it. Listening to it now, I'm pretty unhappy with all the repetition I'm hearing in it (although it does seem to create a theme.) However, I'm not mentally up to making another stab (stab, stab, stab, stab) at it at the moment.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tucker97325
    Well thank you both.

To be honest, this piece gave me some trouble. I must have started it 15 times. I kept getting thrown off after the first couple of measures. Then I went back and actually "read" what was said about the changes, but by that time I was already pretty frustrated with it. So, I did one more take, and that's it. Listening to it now, I'm pretty unhappy with all the repetition I'm hearing in it (although it does seem to create a theme.) However, I'm not mentally up to making another stab (stab, stab, stab, stab) at it at the moment.
    I listened to the original recording recording and that was great. It gave me inspiration. I've had a few attempts at several of the strictlies lateley. The next one will be Strictly Latin. Interesting atmosphere, and your phrasing suited the setting extremely well from what I can remember.

I'm going to download your upadated version too very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker97325
    Listening to it now, I'm pretty unhappy with all the repetition I'm hearing in it (although it does seem to create a theme.)
    Thats probably because you started it 15 times lol. After you play something that much it can get repetitive.

Los, i know iv probably asked before but...How do you get that sound that i always hear from you, are you using some kinda different instrument or what!? Awesome job on the solo guys and the backing track, sounds great ^.^.
    {~-=I am the Lizard King, I can do anything-=~} (R.I.P Jim)

Quote Originally Posted by GtrvVampyre
    Los, i know iv probably asked before but...How do you get that sound that i always hear from you, are you using some kinda different instrument or what!? Awesome job on the solo guys and the backing track, sounds great ^.^.
    I play the Tres Cubano. It's a Cuban acoustic guitar. You can see pics, videos and learn about it at this tread. http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/...ht=tres+cubano
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    *Check our Live Videos Page!

Wow, it really sounds beautiful man, iv always wodnered what it was. The more i listen to this track and solo over it the more i apreciate latin music and love this backing track. Thanks again guys and hopefully if i can get my mic back i can record somthing but my aunt stole it for now >.o.

PS: just so i know if im going crazy. On the backing track (this may be in my head) I still hear a distorted guitar playing very faintly...is this just me or did you just like mute or put your solo really low on volume in the track and i might could still be hearing it? x.x....

Maby im hearing my destined solo playing out faintly to me? LOL...thats just freaking me out now..i think its russ's solo still faintly in the backing track...
    Last edited by GtrvVampyre; 08-26-2005 at 12:56 AM.
    {~-=I am the Lizard King, I can do anything-=~} (R.I.P Jim)

Quote Originally Posted by GtrvVampyre
    PS: just so i know if im going crazy. On the backing track (this may be in my head) I still hear a distorted guitar playing very faintly...is this just me or did you just like mute or put your solo really low on volume in the track and i might could still be hearing it? x.x...
    Don't worry, we're all crazy here. I don't think its Russ' solo track, but I do think he did have both a bass and guitar (strumming in the backtrack), along with Rudy's tres and the percussion stuff. Unfortunately, every time you resample something more gets lost. That's why I put up the second take. Everything is the same, but I tried to reinforce the tres in a few places where it felt like it was doing more of a lead part.
    Hidden Content