Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strictly Neoclassic

I don't know how many times you can decompress / re-compress / update the MP3 before the quality goes down too much...
    cool ashc!

i have an idea: post your version, and aditionally for a little bit of quality savings, you could post the synth track without the backings so it can be assembled direclty to the original. know what i mean?

OK, A couple of 8 bar .wav files coming too! I won't have sync for punch-in/out to your original click so you'll need to slide the files around a bit to get them in sync.

Then I was thinking... my "retro electro" is likely not going to challenge the ibreathe shredders in the right way for this track - well, maybe it does... But, anyway if the experiment works we should convince someone with real keyboard chops e.g. =Bob= to really give you guys something to go up against.

I won't have sync for punch-in/out to your original click so you'll need to slide the files around a bit to get them in sync.
    cool - no prob1

as far as style and speed concerns: it would be even better to have some other vibes in between than just nailing sixtuplets from start to end and following the guitarcliques.
    Plays those synths as they flow out of your brain and heart, not as you think they would be expected by others - then you can't make a mistake!
    Last edited by phantom; 04-21-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Much wisdom in you there is!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Much wisdom in you there is!
    Yep.. plus a lot of bullsh*t.

Did someone tell you before that you look exactly like Yoda from Star Wars?
    Last edited by phantom; 04-21-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    That photo of Yoda..........................
    Add a Cowboy hat, the cocked head pose............
    Remind you of anyone???

Hey thanks everyone for the really nice words! Guess I just had too much coffee before I played it...

Im definitely in for that solo trading thing, sounds like fun!

Later
    TK

Cool that is master Thorsten! *phantomtalkswithyodasvoice*

So we wait for ashc's synthstuff, i'll record a bit of guitars then i put it back here and you take it and do the same.. or vice a versa.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRuss
    It is only surpassed by the "Bedroom Wizard" fantasy.

This is where the player believes if he stays playing guitar in his bedroom long enough, somehow he will become the most famous guitarist on earth.

Pah, I moved on from that a long time ago.

...Now I am the "Front Room Sofa Wizard".
    Nice take btw... fav part was the driving off in the car bit ala Floyd.

But ermmm more importantly, Strange fantasies you guitarists have.... I'd hate to tell ya my bedroom fantasys.... but it does involve monkey bars, a tire swing, 23 gallons of KY, some "famous" people, the hall of mirrors in Versaille, and a magnatized belt & ceiling..... and a pastrami sandwich
    They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo150
    But ermmm more importantly, Strange fantasies you guitarists have.... I'd hate to tell ya my bedroom fantasys.... but it does involve monkey bars, a tire swing, 23 gallons of KY, some "famous" people, the hall of mirrors in Versaille, and a magnatized belt & ceiling..... and a pastrami sandwich
    WHAT???? No Mars bar????

The .wav files were huge, even zipped, (maybe I could .mp3 those), but in the meantime for keen "deathmatchers" here is a complete backing track with added synth breaks. Its in the 1.5MB limit at 128Kb/s should it be good enough for now!

Two ways to use it: 1) Like me, gives you a break from guitar to think of what to play next 2) change of guitarist.

The track has 6 * 8 bar progression repeats. Synth is on 2 + 4, you are on 1,3,5+6. I actually come in at bar 7 of pass with a sustained bass A, then G# in 8 to highlight the Esus4 to E so you can harmonise with that bit....

Anyway, I did it real quick before the supermarket run and now I'm back I decided it will do - apologies for weird phrasing, but it will get worse if I start trying" If tonight goes well I'll add my guitar (and get back to Hirajoshi!)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well the guitar didn't go well - this one is way out of my league! - but it was tonight or never..

Anyway, So now you get to hear both instruments I can't play in one shot!

asch- i can see you might not be the fastest or best guitarist, but you had some really kool licks i was diggin'. As for that synth solo, that was just pure EAR CANDY. great job mate!

I still listen in awe at Thorstens supercharged caffiene overdose shred lol.

Synth solo!

here is my melodic take, with the synth solo. If you want full on shred listen to my other take. Ive been practising alot on this backing lately. Hope you like the crazy echo, chorus , delay and reverb effects. but it fit the sythn solo sound.

The start is just A minor tapping, second bit starts on a trill then fast AP with Harm. minor , then a malmsteen run i stole in A minor, then a sweep pick of the 2 chords. D minor and C#( or whatever it was). The last part is just a melody i made in A minor.

Ashc, I thought your worked well. The synth was awesome and Im not really even a fan of synth . And your guitar parts sounded fine to me, just not at a million notes a minute. It was interesting how it contrasted the fast rythem guitar.