Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brain Food

Wow, this has turned out to be a not so bad thread after all! I'll tell you that I feel real good right now, I can't understand how this could ba bad for my liver since I am not depriving myself of anything really, just keeping the calorie intake to a point where I can burn fat.I may be staying away from foods with alot of starches that turn to sugar, but as long as you eat fruits and vegitables, you are always gonna get sugars. I am getting lots of Dark Greens, Red and yellow vegatables in good quantities. As far as bread goes, I am talking two slices of whole grain wheat toast and that is it. No more bread all day. I found the discussions regarding Cows milk very interesting. Are there any tasty cheeses made from better milks? What I mean is, you can't take away my blue cheese.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    *Check our Live Videos Page!

goats cheese. Yuuuum.

The thing with cheese is not to eat more than a book of matches type chunk in a day.

If blue is your thing then a weekend treat ain't gonna hurt.

I love it too...I just can't eat anymore...sends my system haywire. Boo.

I said tasty cheese.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Goats cheese and avocado with a chopped chilli and lemon dressing? not tasty??

Registered Crutmauler
    My diet is to eat alot of everything and wash it down with plenty of beer. It's simple, more intake (food) = more output (energy) to do what whatever you want . I'm a concrete finisher, so I don't have to worry about getting rid of excess energy.

i'm going nuts (cashew).
    feel i'll need a beer soon.

fan of the G string curiousgeorge's Avatar
    I'm on a diet right now too. I'm drinking gin and tonics at jam night instead of beer. The thing about gin is, you don't remember all your crazy/stupid antics...
    Karma Chameleon...You come and go...You come and go, oh..........MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhh. The G&T diet.

Now there's one I remember...hold on...no, I don't remember.

Damn.

ps. Sven, watch the Cashews, yeah they're tasty but they're covered in salt usually. Go for ones in shells.

Pecans mmmmmm

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashc
    Once you get past 30 it's goodbye to Jack Daniels and hard drugs
    I'm sure hoping that this isn't a law!!!!
    How would I sleep at night??? Oh that's right I don't, I just sleep all day!!!

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKRuss
    Pecans mmmmmm
    WHAT???? Big bird with a big bill for storing fish????????
    You got some strange ideas, you have!!!!!

Cashews, that too Hollywood for me....

Gin... ouch,,, that just leads to violent headaches and porcelin pillows.... now tequilla is the way to go, that gets ya running around with the energy of a lunatic.

Tequilla sundays... soccer and tequilla, a winning combo
    They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

I took up weight training and diet improvement about ten years ago, in my early 30s. I had played around with weights in high school, but really didn't have a good idea of what I was doing, so I didn't accomplish too much. I remained active, but shied away from weights since high school. I then began wondering what would happen if I tried weight training again, but this time with a real plan. So I started lifting, beginning slowly, not trying to do too much too fast. At this point I was around 5'11" and weighed 170 to 175 pounds. As I got stronger, I realized that burgers and soft drinks were not getting me where I wanted to be, so I gradually cut them out of my diet, replacing them with lean meats, whole grains, fruits, veggies, and supplements such as protein shakes and vitamins. It took a few years, but I now tip the scales at around 200 pounds, and am probably twice as strong now at 42 years old than I was 10 years ago. And being a "musclehead" didn't hurt my guitar playing at all, it in fact I play better now, so don't let anyone tell you that muscles make you slow and musclebound.

Well, I'm not going to argue with you

Good job, weight training at a serious level is tough work. I admire the dedication it takes to really make a difference. And it sounds like you did it without all that expensive poisonous protein nonsene they sell in tins at gyms. All the more kudos from me.

My diet is pretty slim. Most people bash me for this but I don't eat breakfast. I just feel much better if I don't for some reason. For lunch I usually have a turkey sandwhich which has a slice of 10-year aged sharp cheddar (its like a kick in the mouth...lol), multigrain bread (it has wheat, pumpernickel, etc etc, none of that white bread...that's the bad stuff), all white turkey breast (from the deli down the street), and mustard. I hate Ketchup and most things "tomatoe". I also have an Aquafina and Kroger Bottled-water, I don't drink any form of soda pop or other juices (except Orange Juice with pulp). For dinner I usually have something meat (I don't like steak, chicken, or pork chops), with something vegetable. I thank my mom for this habit. I don't consume any ind of pork in any form, not even bacon nor sausage. I despise and detest chicken in every form and the only form of poultry I eat is turkey. I hate almost anything that's made with tomatoes (except for the pasta sauce from my mom).

On weekends its a different story. I will admit cheese is my kryptonite. I love cheese in any form. I'm border-line cheese fanatic...lol. So usually on the weekends I go into the cheese area of my fridge...lol. I like Blue Cheese, Cheddar, and my favorite Doppelrhamstufel (it's German...lol). I say you Germans have a great taste for cheese...lol. One thing I don't mind every now and then is some Goat Cheese but I tend to stray away from it most of the time. It has a VERY high fat content. Somewhere around 40% on average, while cheddar, colby, and others, have a content of around 20%.

I don't drink, smoke, or eat at fast food places. Though I don't have much time to excersize outside of school and work and other things. So with this diet I'm able to maintain my weight and every now and then loose a couple of pounds. As soon as I graduate it's off to the gym for me...lol.
    v2sw3CUhw6ln3pr6OFck3ma9u6Lw3Xm6l6Ui2Ne5t5TSFDAb8T DOen7g6RZATHCMHPa21s6MSr53Dp3hackerkey

Tried the Kale today! It tastes....... healthy! Also too, I had a Soda for the first time in about a year. It was.............................Delicious!!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content