Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: eugene's trickbag question

r.toscano
    Thorsten-

its insane that you learned how to play the guitar the way you did. Did you ever consider (obviously not at this point in time, but at some point) switching to 'normal' means?

about your trick bag,

you played it well, there are little mistakes and a few changes here and there... but I can tell you are a solid player.

I was mostly impressed by how articulate the last harmonic minor run was, really nice time and articulation on that run. I can immediatly tell how well you can play from a run like that.

Hi bet23,

thanks a lot! Glad you like my playing.

I know thereīs some things in the recording I could have played better, of course this always sounds like a cheap excuse, but I didnīt have the time to practice it full on and for a piece like the Trickbag you really need the time. But I recorded it anyway, makes you realize what to work on.

Iīm selftaught, so nobody told me to change the strings. Since Iīm lefthanded I just did what felt naturally to me. I later realized that you would normaly change strings on a lefthanded guitar but I already had played a couple of years, got used to it and decided to go on like this.

Eric Vandenberg did an article about me some time ago, you might wanna check it out for more info: http://www.ibreathemusic.com/article/54

Thanks
    TK

r.toscano
    very nice article,

im glad to see your band is doing well and you are finding success. congratulations...

quote: " but I can tell you are a solid player "

Thats got to be "Understatement of the year !"

r.toscano
    quote: " but I can tell you are a solid player "

Thats got to be "Understatement of the year !"

maybe thats why this conversation got out of hand in the first place, its a matter of perpective. Ive been around many incredible players in the past few years. Some of the most absurdly gifted players in the world.

So, maybe Im a bit out of touch with the level of guitar playing that most people face and hear on an everyday basis.

By the way, as long as Thorsten is willing to do it, thereīll be another special on him once the "Code Of Perfection" album comes out... Iīd love to get the inside scoop on that album and how it came to be, plus some exclusive excerpts, transcriptions and whatever else we can come up with...
    Canīt wait for it to be released, should be amazing
    Eric

The most anticipated album of the year for me If you haven't heard of Thorsten, run to his website and take a listen. Sit down first
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

Nice to be surrounded by brilliance day in day out Bet23...although I haven't heard you play anythin' yet

For the 99.99% of us who don't attend Berklee...

Thorsten's the daddy

I wan' th' album!

r.toscano
    why do you think Im a brilliant player? I never said anything that even resembles that... I havent played guitar in months, I spend most of my time composing...

again, this isnt about me, it never was about me...

and the brilliance isnt AT berklee, because most of the players are terrible here...

but, around boston, and all the artists that I get to see perform here...

Ive went to about 100 shows and recitals last year alone, music is all I do... again, maybe its a matter of perpective.

Just pullin' your leg my man!

You're too easy to wind up

r.toscano
    i know this isnt the right place, but, since we fought so much, here is some music...

hopefully you guys will like it,

link from here...

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=20721

its a piano piece... since we talked about voiceleading, and etc... thanks guys...