Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitars you own

Smile Guitars you own

Hello forum residents

just wondering what guitars everyone here owns... when it comes to guitars, it's kinda difficult sticking to 1, many of us end up having a bunch as it all boils down to tonal difference (had a hard time telling my wife this...). well, do list what you own here

My list:
    --------

*Ibanez RG560
    *Ibanez S540 X 2
    *Ibanez RG7620
    *Ibanez GAX 70
    *Ibanez RX 40
    *Fender Am Std Tele
    *PRS McCarty
    *Gibson LP Studio GEM

Kramer Carrerra with scalloped neck FRPro
    Kramer Baretta II Mucus Green Humbucker Adder Pickups FRII
    Kramer Eliot Easton Strat Red Crackle Schallar FR
    Kramer Carrerra Custom Creme EMG 89's FRII
    Kramer Carrerra Custom Seafoam Green Pearly Gates in Bridge Strat Neck pickup RW Adder in the middle FRII

3 Warmoth Custom Strats:
    one with Scalloped neck lil 59 bridge, dimarzio vintage blues in the middle, Duncan Vintage rail in the neck Wilkenson Sperzels;
    one with hollow body, Texas Barbeque in the bridge strat neck and rw in the middle Wilkenson PowerBridge Sperzels.
    one with heavy *** maple body Duncan Custom HB in the Neck Duncan JB in the bridge Schallar FR

Washburn Mercury Series Stock with GK-2a synth pickup
    Fender Squire Strat duncan vintage staggared bridge.
    FireBird Copy I made when I was 15 DeArmond HB Pickups

Takamine NP15C
    Takamine Nylon String EG124C
    Martin Back Packer
    "Listen to the Spaces Between the sounds."
    Hidden Content

Mod
    Peavey wolfgang Usa model (the big boy)
    Peavey raptor (strat copy)
    hamer stellar I
    jackson Ps4 (cheap rhoads copy)
    Epiphone acoustic

thats all folks

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    Gibson ES135 Ltd Ed
    Ibanez AF200
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

Ok...

* Black BC Rich Warlock (tuned D-G-C-F-A-D, reverse headstock)
    * Sunburst Arbiter Les Paul (really good Les Paul replica. Bad pickups, have changed one of them so it sounds ok)
    * Black Kramer Focus 6000 (This is a really crappy guitar at the moment, awful pickups. The neck is great tho).
    * Kasuga Acoustic Steel (Martin Replica. Sounds and plays great!)
    * Pro Session 12-string(6 string now) Acoustic steel. (This is hardly playable. I keep it hung on the wall. It looks better than it sounds).

I have a meager quiver, but I'm working on it
    [...moneymoneymoneymoney...]

Squier Starter Kit Stratocaster (in pieces on my table. Gonna solder it back together tomorrow so Monday I'll no longer have to drop the tuning on my real guitar during practice)

ESP Ltd HP-150 w. two humbuckers. (my real guitar. When I got it, it was the absolute most awesomest thing in the whole wide world. I still like it a lot, but now I want a real live Gibson Les Paul )

Samick steelstring acoustic (CRAP! but I play it anyway)

Ovation Celebrity Acoustic/Electic (CRAP! Electronics don't work, my friend has it)

I'm going to sell my acoustics for about 100 each and drop 300 on a nylon-string acoustic with which to romance the ladies.

everybody starts from scratch... it's alright your playing has to be tops...

OK I'll play

I have to show this thread to my wife, so she'll see how I need more guitars in order to keep up with everyone on this site!

Samick LK35DOS (or something like that). My first electric. Bought on impulse (mid-life crisis), then I got hooked. Its a cheap guitar ($150) with a strat style body (no pickguard though, I hate the way pickguards look) with an HSS configuration. I've replaced two of the three original cheap pickups. I've got an EMG active p/u in the bridge. I actually don't know the model. Its got no ID numbers on it, and it came from a used guitar. I've got a DiMarzio DP187 Cruiser in the neck, which is a stacked humbucker. I can actually get a tone I like pretty well with the original middle s.c. p/u, so I probably won't replace it (although I do have a single coil active EMG that I might try in there someday).

Yamaha RGX610M. I just got this one. I actually have two of these which I used to make one. This guitar also has a strat-shaped body (off-white mother of pearl-looking), and again, no pick-guard. This model guitar was made only in 1989 and 1990 I believe (Its amazing how obscure this guitar seems to be). The neck on this thing is awesome. The fretboard is maple (the "M" in the part no. signifies this). It just feels great. This guitar has only one p/u, a humbucker. With help from James (thanks dude!), I wired it up to allow coil splitting. I'm surprised at the variety of tones one can get from this guitar with only one pickup. It really sounds quite warm with the tone rolled off and picking near the neck. In case you can't tell, the honeymoon is in full swing with me and with this guitar. It does have a floating Floyd Rose type bridge, and the jury is still out on whether I'll like that or not. I guess I oughta give myself a few weeks, and then get over to harmony central and write a review, since there's none up for this guitar.

Cheers,
    Dan

Here's mine:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Dimarzio Air Zone Neck, Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge

Ibanez 7321 EMG 707 Bridge

Ibanez AW 50

-Beast

I have an Ibanez JEM7VWH and an Ibanez JS100

thanks for sharing i hope this list is a helpful reference should we need to look up for common gear to relate to any problems...

looks like we have a couple of super-strat owners here... not to mention those who swapped pickups too.

metallibeast:
    i swapped my LP's pickup too, the bridge now has a Dimarzio DLX PLus- a P-90 sized humbucker... not a P-90 hum fan...

YES! Bongo Boy is a fellow ES user,

I like to keep it simple over here: '95 Gibson Les Paul Custom, black with gold trim, Gibson ES-175 gothic, and a Yamaha 410 Series acoustic.

EDIT: Sorry, left out my Goya nylon-string classical
    Last edited by Shane; 01-05-2003 at 01:41 AM.

OK, I'll play........

I have a Parker Deluxe with a roland gk2 pickup I attached

I use that with a Roland VGA-7 amp ( my entire music budget for 2002 with those 2 items)

G & L f100

Ibanez lawsuit les paul

GTX with a sustainer

Hohner accoustic

Jack F

Afro-Cuban Grunge-Pop Bongo Boy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Shane Gibson ES-175 gothic,
    Explain that!
    Pulsing the System with Confirmed Nonsense.

Ok. I'll play too.

Parker FLy Deluxe, (majik Blue)

P.R.S. Ce24 with Roland GK2a synth pickup attatched.

Ibanez RG620 QSSOL

Ibanez RG2027, (Seven string Piezo equiped)

through:

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier,

Diezel VH4S, (stereo version with twin poweramps and 5 independent pre-amps).

And the Roland Gr-33.

Boogie 212 Rectifier cabs.

Oh and an Encore with Satanic graphic I got for 30 quid a while back and strung lefthanded for a laugh