Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning the guitar more like you would a classical instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor

I like your posts. Nothing long about them, you just take sufficient time to explain things. Many questions requirer books to answers so I think a page long post is acceptable

Glad to have you here on IBM. (I think it's better than HC)
    Well, HC has an overwhelming 'element' that's omnipresent...one can only stomach so much of it at a time.

This place is incredibly on-topic and full of people who want to learn and who want to teach. It takes after its name, I suppose.

i'll suggest his book myself ... many books are usually suggested on the boards but since the authors are not the ones doing them its kinda ok over here.

So check out www.raisingthebarre.com

"Raising the Barre" is my minimal daily practice routine, its not easy stuff, but its fun especially with a metronome when you get used to it. I was tempted to add more books from the series to my collection, but this freak book will take me ages to get through lol, 60 etudes and i have only done 15 from the start of the year (some of which are yet shaky)!

And here's a small review i did a while ago on the boards (my second post not first)

Finally, Chris, i advice you to to look at our etudes section (top left menu on main page) and consider contributing a couple of etudes, from the book or not from.. ! I think many people on the board love etudes.

p.s. i'm not paid ... just a happy customer
    Last edited by rmuscat; 05-18-2005 at 08:17 AM.
    Edwin Land: Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

recommendations

Thanks. Very helpful.

What's the title of your book?

I like your posts. Nothing long about them, you just take sufficient time to explain things. Many questions requirer books to answers so I think a page long post is acceptable

Glad to have you here on IBM. (I think it's better than HC)
    You post at HC? I don't think I've ever seen you over there

Well, I've posted every now and then under the same nick, but there's always some more knowledgeble who'll answer (guys like Poparad and RTB_Chris (AKA. Auggie) amongst other). Besides, I find people are more friendly and interested in learning on a deeper level, and not just to wank over this "exotic" progression.

Quote Originally Posted by rmuscat
    i'll suggest his book myself ... many books are usually suggested on the boards but since the authors are not the ones doing them its kinda ok over here.

So check out www.raisingthebarre.com

"Raising the Barre" is my minimal daily practice routine, its not easy stuff, but its fun especially with a metronome when you get used to it. I was tempted to add more books from the series to my collection, but this freak book will take me ages to get through lol, 60 etudes and i have only done 15 from the start of the year (some of which are yet shaky)!

And here's a small review i did a while ago on the boards (my second post not first)
    Ooooooh...thanks for the endorsement! I think you're the first to describe it as a 'freak book'.

Quote Originally Posted by rmuscat
    Finally, Chris, i advice you to to look at our etudes section (top left menu on main page) and consider contributing a couple of etudes, from the book or not from.. ! I think many people on the board love etudes.

p.s. i'm not paid ... just a happy customer
    That's a good idea; I'll have to look into that.

Besides, I find people are more friendly and interested in learning on a deeper level, and not just to wank over this "exotic" progression.
    That alone is reason enough to come here.