Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: How would you finger this ARP? 6 String ARP!

Angry How would you finger this ARP? 6 String ARP!

Hello,

I am looking for insight on how to finger this arp. It is a 6 string sweep. I have found a way (seems like the only way), but it's probably wrong. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks!

PS Ignore the powertab notation mistakes, the notes are right, I just don't know about the duration of the notes, but the notes are right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hey 6-string,

i edited the arp and attached it. i would play it that way. as a 5 string arp, and i also corrected the note groupings (to what i thought it should have been ) plus pick movements.

as for wich fingers to use:

start with index on 12, pinky on 15, roll the ringfinger on the d and g string 14th fret, middle finger plays the 13 on the b and index again for 12th fret high e-string. i guess 98,9567% of all sweepers would play it like that. ;-)

lemme know how it works out.

just in case if you wonder how the other 1,0433% off all sweepers would play it... i attached it now.

the 1,0433% consist probably of jason becker (let me count him in cause i guess he still WOULD play it like that) and greg howe. and maybe a few other rather unknown players.

let me say that I got it from a pretty good transcriber, its from a band Nevermore... I thought the notes were right by listening to it, but there is more than one way to transcribe it. thanks phantom! i'll give it a go now.

nevermore is cool. i loved them as "sanctuary as well..saw them live back then... was such a great metal lineup with flotsam and jetsam, testament and megadeth (i think). ...well... back then.

the arp is a Aminor arp and i editet to the "usual" shape. however it depends on what is before it. i was wondering about him transcribing the "a" on the 6th string 17th fret. hmmm... maybe in context it is necessary to play it there, i don't know.
    it's like you said, there are more ways.. you could string skip and/or tap as well.

i like your way better phantom... i hear they use 7 string guitars on some of their stuff. listen to one of their songs and you will hear a real fretboard workout!