Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My Practice Schedule!!!

No worries man, I think we are all guilty of this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    *Check our Live Videos Page!

Trying To Be Humble! Voodoo-Child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Boleros
    No worries man, I think we are all guilty of this.
    I know, I carefully considered joining this Forum, not because of it's quality, but because of how addictive, all Forums are.

When I first started playing, I was only Practicing for an Hour a Day, yet I spent about 3 Hours on Differant Forums, I can control it now, though!

lmao los boleros you crack me up

voodoo child i think you did the right move to extend those 15m practice slots to largers slots of time. I think it will be more beneficial.

Edwin Land: Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.

It has really opened my eyes, I thought my previous Schedule was 'Perfect',
    you will encounter those situations a lot of times...and that is good.
    and that' the reason why someone shouldn't be so overconvinced with what he does because you'll never know, and there is no perfect in music.

changing "guitar god" to "unpopular" was awesome ;-). that was a good move as well.
    now i can see you're progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    you will encounter those situations a lot of times...and that is good.
    and that' the reason why someone shouldn't be so overconvinced with what he does because you'll never know, and there is no perfect in music.

changing "guitar god" to "unpopular" was awesome ;-). that was a good move as well.
    now i can see you're progressing.
    I feel this last week has been 'Crucial' to my development, before I came here, I had only my Grandad and Teacher, to compare my ability too, and neither of them are really any good. Plus, I have had so many nice comments, by friends and family, who were amazed by my progress, and I guess it just all went to my head!

Since I joined here, not only have I had some of the Theory and Technique Questions, that have bugging me, answered, but I have Learnt some really important Stuff about my attitude.

I apologise for the Offense and Irritation I caused, however none of my Posts or Threads, were written with the intention of being annoying.

I am delighted that I have seen the Sense in changing my Schedule, I guess I was too Stubborn to change it before, and really, it was too Organised. For the first time really, I am working hard on my Technique, working on exercises for 3X the amount I used to. I am allowing myself the freedom to experiment and express myself, now I have longer time slots, and best of all, it has put an end to finishing a 5-Hour Session, but still having loads a things not completed.

I feel this last week has been 'Crucial' to my development, before I came here, I had only my Grandad and Teacher, to compare my ability too, and neither of them are really any good. Plus, I have had so many nice comments, by friends and family, who were amazed by my progress, and I guess it just all went to my head!
    we now have a new and improved voodoo child. that makes me glad!

good to see you are understanding, and none of my posts were ment to keep you from getting good or to keep you from domination the world (still looking forward to this), but to get your head straight.
    and see... even the "slammers" are good for something.

keep it real and welcome to ibreathe again.

Now THAT is some serious progress! Yes I also remember when I was young and hearing my peers and family (except my dad ) praising my playing would make me think I was the greatest guitar player in the whole world... Then when I first heard Joe Satriani, then Vai and Malmstein, Eric Johnson, Frank Gambale, John Petrucci, Scott Henderson, SRV (did I make my point? ) that was some rude awakening for me, so I went from "I'm the greatest player on earth" to "I suck and I don't deserve the 50 buck guitar I own". I still have the 50 buck guitar (now it's probably worth the same 'cause of the inflation ) and I have improved a whole lot since then. But the main thing is attitude, now when I hear a great player like Thorsten here in IBM instead of thinking "I suck I'll never be as good" I just go back to the practice room and work for a few hours. I'm glad you have realized that nice people will be nice and you will always need to work on your musicianship no matter what they say.

Good luck in your exams.

Rock on.

Regards,
    "If God had wanted us to play the piano he would've given us 88 fingers"

Quote Originally Posted by forgottenking2
    "I suck and I don't deserve the 50 buck guitar I own". I still have the 50 buck guitar (now it's probably worth the same 'cause of the inflation )
    Now that is funny!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    *Check our Live Videos Page!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    we now have a new and improved voodoo child. that makes me glad!

good to see you are understanding, and none of my posts were ment to keep you from getting good or to keep you from domination the world (still looking forward to this), but to get your head straight.
    and see... even the "slammers" are good for something.

keep it real and welcome to ibreathe again.
    YES, I am no longer a Self-Obsessed, Guitar Player, who is in a World of his own, I am now willing to Learn from to Learn from everyone and everything that I can!

One of my Goals, is to Successfully mix Rhythm and Lead playing, Like Hendrix, Berry, etc, and make it part of my sound.

I started working on this today, I wrote a Power-Chord Riff, and Improvised some Lead in between, for ages I have wanted to work on this, but because of my 'Restrictive' Schedule, I haven't been able too, until now!!!

Although my attitude has changed, my plans for World-Domination haven't, so watch this space.....................

ah yes thats good to hear

i be sorry for any harsh things i have said

well about the rhythm/lead playing, id say listen to some jazz improv, its got a bunch of mixed(chords and lead) ideas

Quote Originally Posted by shinkyo00
    ah yes thats good to hear

i be sorry for any harsh things i have said

well about the rhythm/lead playing, id say listen to some jazz improv, its got a bunch of mixed(chords and lead) ideas
    I am interested in Jazz, in the future I would like to learn it, I don't know many Jazz artists, apart from George Benson, any recommendations for good listenings?

personally im not a big fan of jazz so all i know is some basic stuff about it, like extensive use of chords (esp 7th n 9th), and the TON of theory behind the music, which is too much for me to absorb at once

ive just recently joined the school jazz band and im struggling with the complexity of the music, me being a rock/metal player

Quote Originally Posted by shinkyo00
    personally im not a big fan of jazz so all i know is some basic stuff about it, like extensive use of chords (esp 7th n 9th), and the TON of theory behind the music, which is too much for me to absorb at once

ive just recently joined the school jazz band and im struggling with the complexity of the music, me being a rock/metal player
    I've heard you gotta know loads and loads of Chords, and in there Inversions too, and when Improvising, you change Key when the Chord changes, etc.

I agree with you, it sure is complex, I am a Rock/Blues Player, and generally don't use any Chords/Scales that aren't that common, but it might be a nice challenge for myself one day, to learn Jazz!

Wes Montgomery
    Charlie Christian
    Django Reinhardt (Spelling? )
    John Mclaughlin (More fusionish)
    Joe Pass
    Pat Martino
    Joe Diorio

Im sure I could name some more. Out of that, Joe Pass and Wes Montgomery have come across as more unique (Not saying there better, just they would be interesting to start with)

Dave