Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in flames

in flames

just wondered if there any in flames fans here?
    and which are there favourite songs (if they can name any)

i know for me, i like every single in flames song ever made! i dont dislike any, i have every single album! is anyone else as crazy about them as me?

i wish i could play guitar like Jesper Stromblad too!! he is the god! and Anders Fridens voice is the best ever!!

am i just nuts?

Junkie for soulful guitar metalprep6969's Avatar
    In Flames is my FAVORITE band dude. Jesper and Bjorn freaking rule! I like all of their songs, but my faves are Man Made God, Dead Eternity, Dialogue with the Stars, Jester Script Transfigured, and The Hive. Man...did I mention that Jesper and Bjorn RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

\m/
    ...Like a child who's run away...

...And won't be coming back...

Mod
    they are awesome, they did a cool cover of land of confusion (genesis)

man if i had to give a list of the in flames song i especially like, the list would be too long.. just read the album tracklists!
    pinball map
    bullet ride
    man made god
    world of promises
    i like everything

may i recommend: 'The Tokyo Showdown' damn good album.
    bjorn and jesper are guitar gods! i wish i could play like them, come to think of it, i wish i could play at all

i didnt realise that in flames had done any cover versions, many thanks for that

In Flames is a really good band.Very awesome sound and their guitarists are very good. I'm particularly fond of the melodies and the acoustic stuff that they make.
    v2sw3CUhw6ln3pr6OFck3ma9u6Lw3Xm6l6Ui2Ne5t5TSFDAb8T DOen7g6RZATHCMHPa21s6MSr53Dp3hackerkey

I personally think that In Flames is presently one of the most overrated bands around. Now, before you attack me, let me say that I own every single In Flames album, including the Trigger EP, and that the band's older work, such as Jester Race and Whoracle, is some of the greatest music I have ever heard.

The new stuff, though, just doesn't do it for me. For In Flames--and, indeed, for all bands, it seems--their popularity is inversely proportional to the quality of their music. Clayman brought the band a fair bit of notoriety outside their native Sweden, so what'd they do next? They tuned down the guitars and churned out Reroute to Remain, which isn't entirely a bad album, but was a sign of the awful things to come.

Soundtrack, however, is just awful. Anders sounds like he's doing his best Korn impersonation, and long gone are the inspirational guitar harmonies and solos that made the earlier work so memorable. Plus, the space-age sound effects are more over-the-top and obnoxious than ever.

Ultimately, what is most disappointing is that it seems In Flames has followed the lead of nu-metal bands in America, tuned down the guitars, and settled for mid-tempo, moshy beats--"mall-core" metal, as some call it. In Flames for years pioneered the so-called "Gothenburg sound," and now instead of blazing the trail for metal in the 21st century, they're mere copycats imitating the worst modern metal has to offer.

It's a shame, because the zenith these guys reached in the mid-90s is, in my opinion, as high as any metal band has ever reached--and may ever reach again.

AE

In Love With Fusion Priest Becker's Avatar
    I totaly agree with the last post word for word except for one problem. They were always downtuned to droped c tuning. I know all thier old work from jesters race (or dace or which ever its called) and colony. Every song is in droped C. Other than that your absoulutley right. They have sold out thier imesurable talent and now sound like a bunch of winey pop metal conformist.
    Instrumental.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest Becker
    I totaly agree with the last post word for word except for one problem. They were always downtuned to droped c tuning. I know all thier old work from jesters race (or dace or which ever its called) and colony. Every song is in droped C. Other than that your absoulutley right. They have sold out thier imesurable talent and now sound like a bunch of winey pop metal conformist.
    ACTUALLY...they play in C standard and Drop A#.

\m/

In Love With Fusion Priest Becker's Avatar
    Well I ment C standard but i got confused with the way that the guitarist around here refer to things. I never heard of the droped A thing though. I always played thier songs in C standard.
    Instrumental.

basically all of Soundtrack to your Escape is in drop A#, as well as about half of R2R, and a few songs on Colony and Clayman. Acoustic Medley is also in Eb standard and Pallar Anders Visa is in standard. Their first two albums Lunar Strain and Subterranean were in standard tuning.

\m/

well, tbh u lost me when u started talking about standards n drops n what not. i like every album.. i aint keen on soundtrack, but i still like it. i still think the play really good. Lunar Strain, and the older ones are good. But i thought Clayman and Reroute were awesome albums!
    Generally In Flames as a whole are still awesome in my books...

(atm i have quite a taste for 'The Quiet Place' off Soundtrack)

i've been told that their songs arent all that technical to play on guitar but the good sounds are from distortion on the amps n stuff, that actual playing isn't difficult i've been told! But i still think its difficult...

but with these idea's presented from you guys, i think i might have to drop In Flames an e-mail, saying how awesome they are.. but they need to get back to 'Gothenburg Metal'

Looking for more like track 11 from Whoracle

Hello All,
    I am desperately looking for more songs exactly like track 11 from Whoracle (entitled Whoracle, the tribal war drum song). If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arnold-elvis
    I personally think that In Flames is presently one of the most overrated bands around.

Soundtrack, however, is just awful. Anders sounds like he's doing his best Korn impersonation, and long gone are the inspirational guitar harmonies and solos that made the earlier work so memorable. Plus, the space-age sound effects are more over-the-top and obnoxious than ever.
    Ho - ly - ****

I saw them in Chicago at the metro (it was either the metro or the vic, or the riv) and they were incredible

Bjorn and jasper are incredible

Soundtrack is a fantastic album, listen to Like you better dead, and not cream your pants.