Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any shredders simmilar to Becker?

I canŽt recommend anything similar to Jason Becker, since there is no one really I can think of, especially when you listen to "Perspective". "perpetual Burn", to me, was very much Varney-inspired ( compare it so the first Richie Kotzen-album, the first Yngwie-album, the first Vinnie Moore-album etc.regarding artwork / layout, production, guitar sound, some arrangements )
    There only is one Jason Becker, and if I wanna hear Becker-like music, I listen to him. However, when it comes to other unique players who have Becker-like similarities, like great chops, lots of feeling and some intricate compositions, I recommend checking out Shawn LaneŽs "powers Of Ten" or "The Tritone Fascination", Marty FriedmanŽs "Scenes" or "The Introduction", Brett GarsedŽs "Big Sky", maybe something by Vinnie Moore ( his latter stuff, where IMO his great tone is featured a bit more, check out "Coming Home" )
    None of these are neo-classical records. But all of those are unique players who have chops, very interesting compositions and / or arrangements, and play(ed) with passion.
    I think that that is very much in the spirit of Jason, than if someone would have attempted to create a "Perpetual Burn, Pt. II"
    Just my opinion though
    Eric

Since I donŽt have any of Jason BeckerŽs stuff, I donŽt know exactly what youŽre searching for, but I read through this thread and I got another guitarist you maybe like : Michael Romeo (His Band is called Symphony X ).
    I think you should give his solo cd ( "The dark chapter") a try. I really love the cd, also something I wonŽt ever become tired of i think. It includes some neo-classical and still heavy stuff. So, decide for yourself, I like it.

M.f.G.
    SE

hmm...if I were you I'd transcribe some of the original piano score into powertab form. It actually is a big workout...lol. I'm still transcribing The Caprice (the entire thing...lol) and it's quite exhausting. I've actually tooken breaks from it...lol. It's a very long piece.
    v2sw3CUhw6ln3pr6OFck3ma9u6Lw3Xm6l6Ui2Ne5t5TSFDAb8T DOen7g6RZATHCMHPa21s6MSr53Dp3hackerkey