Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Shadows Fall

Shadows Fall

Anyone listen to them here?

I'm going to their CD release show on Monday--these guys are good guitarists, supposed to be on Headbanger's Ball tonight with their new video.

Junkie for soulful guitar metalprep6969's Avatar
    Hell yeah! I preordered their box set for the War Within and it should be here pretty soon. I'm SOOOOOOOOo envious of you man, enjoy monday!

\m/
    ...Like a child who's run away...

...And won't be coming back...

they are into touring so I'm sure you'll get to see them--they rock though--it should eb a good show for the hometown crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Compact Diss
    they are into touring so I'm sure you'll get to see them--they rock though--it should eb a good show for the hometown crowd
    Actually I don't get to see them. I live in NC, they aren't coming here. They are at Jaxx in VA where I saw them last summer, and I'd drive there if I could, but my dad won't let me. That's as close as they come to where I live too. NC sucks ***, there's NO music scene here. I wish I could live in Boston like you, it must rule to be from Shads Fall's home area.

\m/

I live 2 hours from their area--they are from the West part of the state which has it's own music scene--in the city here we have all types of music--I don't know what the Springfield area scene is like.

Mod
    shadows fall are definatly one of my favorite metal bands, got my wolfgang signed by jon, and he gave me a pick while i was in the crowd, I'm a big fan.

I love Shadows Fall. I cant wait to get their new cd.

I picked up The War Within last night ($8.99 at Best Buy). These guys rock! The CD came with a bonus DVD with three "bootleg" quality live videos, two guitar lessons and a drum lesson. The lessons are really cool - especially the drum lesson. The guitar lessons were produced by Guitar World, so I imagine that there will be a transcribed guitar lesson(s) in the Bachand/Donais column in future editions of Guitar World to go along with the DVD.

I was listening to the CD this morning on the way to dropping the kids off at school. They are probably bouncing off the walls right now.

Later,
    vetas

yeah the CD rocks, saw them live on Monday night, they are great live and f'ing rock!

I heard something by them and I'd have to say it's pretty interesting. I'd like to see how they turn out later on, but as for now I'll just have to say they could be great.

Rock On,
    The Jeffinator

I appreciate the fact that they included in the limited edition CD a DVD containg lessons and other things. A band willing to sit down and give a lesson is good to see, they are being real to fans out there.

What type of music do they play. Are they like (old) metallica? I heard someone compare them.
    "I eat luggage."

It's like newer thrash metal, with a little bit of melodic death metal and classic rock mixed in. That's just a very broad description. You really have to check them out to be able to tell.

\m/

I'd have to agree with metalprep - it is pretty much melodic thrash metal, but it's in a class all its own. I ordered The War Within, of which a number of pressings include a bonus DVD, and it's some of the best stuff I've heard from a new band since...well, since I started listening to newer music again. I don't really care much for black metal or death metal vocals (they actually let rythym guitarist Matt Bachand do the softer parts, and he has a great voice which fits those passages well), but that album definitely grew on me. If you go to their website or Century Media's website there's an e-card which lets you listen to two of their tracks - Power of 1 and I, and What Drives The Weak. WDTW and Enlightened By The Cold are two of the best songs I've heard in a long time. If you're into the more melodic side of metal and don't mind thrash/black metal vocals, give it a listen. It'll definitely grow on you if you don't like it at first. Unless you're allergic to distortion - in which case you're probably not in the right thread.

Rock On,
    The Jeffinator

Quote Originally Posted by TheJeffinator
    I'd have to agree with metalprep - it is pretty much melodic thrash metal,
    nice ... thatīs the way i describe my "style"
    i also like shadows fall....heard them on internet radio and now iīm quite fascinated by them !