Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Perfect Pitch Club

Thumbs up

perfect pitch can be learned for sure
    after 10 months of daily practice of the david lucas burge course i can tell you
    any tone almost immediately on piano and guitar (with other instruments i can sometimes be confused cause i didnt play them but by the time im sure i will be able to do it) so i reach what can be called the 1st level of absolute pitch
    i also developed a slow "complete aural recall" (i can sing any tone even in the morning but i still have to "call" it and he comes out in 2-3 seconds thats probably why i cant get tones or keys while listening to the radio now i will do more meditation to get the tones "underskin") i can also tell if a piece is out of standard pitches (i made 3 distinctions: in-tune,in-between and "almost" in tune) but that is a thing that i was always be able to do it (maybe its because i had an old tape which i dont know why shift the pitches of "almost " a semitone and so probably i get used to the difference)
    what is tricky for me is to hear 3 tones (or more) in a single octave and know them cause my ear is probably still too slow and while im identifing the tones the overtones starts to "solidify" and so i get confused (its like im hearing 4,5,6 tones i really dont know how many they are)
    in fact im on MC 11 for the 2nd time (the 1st time i realize i couldnt do it and so i went back to MC7 playing single white tones using the full range of the piano trying to avoid the last octave and doing it quickly and i start to realize that after few days i can hear any single note and know what that tone is even a black one which i never used during the drills )
    relative pitch is sure essential if you want to play good but absolute pitch is essential if you want to listen good (i started this training and i notice month after month that music sounds richer and i also feel more JOY than before even when listening simple simple pieces and also the world sounds richer)

Quote Originally Posted by doctorvetsill View Post
    I have always had perfect pitch. It's a scary thing. I was the guy, back in my days working retail, who would pick out the mistakes in the Muzak on the speaker system. The general reply was "huh?"

When I was little I would always put my ear up to the speaker of the stereo. My pitch was refined greatly in my 3 semesters of Solfege (sometimes called VAMP - Visual & Aural Music Perception) and Survey Of Music History (1 hour, 3 mornings a week, of listening to classical music while following the scores and applying theory to them).

Any other Solfege survivors here?
    YES!!! in fact am taking a solfege course right now. It is advanced solfege: now we are doing soprano clef and will use Modus Novus later in the year. I have a very interesting class right now, since over half my classmates have PP (including myself). So when we sing Bach Chorales, the teacher doesn't even bother going to the piano to give starting notes, he just points at people...
    and on the last dictation (2-line, soprano clef and bass clef) everyone save 1 person got 100%, so the teacher said we will do something much harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by 28lorelei View Post
    YES!!! in fact am taking a solfege course right now. It is advanced solfege: now we are doing soprano clef and will use Modus Novus later in the year. I have a very interesting class right now, since over half my classmates have PP (including myself). So when we sing Bach Chorales, the teacher doesn't even bother going to the piano to give starting notes, he just points at people...
    and on the last dictation (2-line, soprano clef and bass clef) everyone save 1 person got 100%, so the teacher said we will do something much harder next time.
    bbpphhh, arent you special.

sorry if i offended u or anything

We are pleased to offer an online study about absolute pitch. This study is accessible via http://ssd.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bddUu0ZNNiQFtGZ and open to absolute pitch possessors who are at least 18 years old. It takes about five minutes total, and all participants will be eligible to win $50. Please pass this link on to anyone who would be interested in participating. If you have any questions, feel free to email perfect.pitch.studies@gmail.com