Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: My arrangement of the Star Spangled Banner

My arrangement of the Star Spangled Banner

Hey there!

Here's my arrangement of the Star Spangled Banner, recorded live July 4th, 2004....

I arranged all the band and horns on this one.....just took the melody and reharmonized it, wrote a bass line around that, and gave it form....

I was inspired by an Earth Wind and Fire tune "In the Stone", and pretty much transcribed and borrowed their 16 measure intro, but after that, the entire arrangement is my original, still in that genre.....kind of funk-jazz-R&B...

Hope you like it.....

Star Spangled Banner-Sjones arranger/guitarist

Be at peace,

Scott

Hey Scott!
    glad to see you again

very nice work! sax sounding great... i like it

us americans and their national anthem; some kind of love story I´ve never really understood!

- anyways, brilliant piece of music and some excellent arrangement. typically scott jones...
    "Truth is the invention of a liar." - von Foerster

Normally listening to the Star Bangled Banner arranged for just an instrument isn't very nice to my ear but that was incredible. I love your arrangement and playing. I don't know much about sax playing but to me you are great. Did you make the backing track and play all the instruments (like the little piano part and stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Unhorizon
    Normally listening to the Star Bangled Banner arranged for just an instrument isn't very nice to my ear but that was incredible. I love your arrangement and playing. I don't know much about sax playing but to me you are great. Did you make the backing track and play all the instruments (like the little piano part and stuff)
    Thanks!

This is all live with all live musicians....

Myself on guitar....

Then the rest of the band:

Piano, bass, drums, percussion, and the horn section: 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, and an alto sax player....

Peace,

Scott

Hey Scott,

from all the "Star Spangled Banner" versions this was by far the best if heard so far (well, maybe except for Hendrix´s... ) and, yeah, I did recognize the Earth, Wind and Fire intro!

You are such an awesome musician, Scott! What you´re doing is way over my head...

Keep up the great work!!!

TK

Scott,

I love the arrangement. Very smooth and actually fun to listen to! Well done!

-Scott