Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: CAGED Arpeggio exercise

CAGED Arpeggio exercise

This is not one for the advanced folks here, but here is an CAGED sequence arpeggio exercise I made up to run through the major and minor caged shapes. It's basically the same arpeggiated chord progression played in the 5 successive CAGED positions for each chord.

The time signature switches are contrived (the whole thing is) so you can get a mix of complete shapes and partial shapes (the ones that might creep into soloing). Just play 2 notes per beat and forget it. I play it with strict AP as my 1 NPS AP is weak (as I am in all areas...)

I actually find this reasonably awkward to play. Be interested if anyone finds it all useful (maybe too dull) and how difficult? Flame on..

AshC
    Attached Files Attached Files

For some reason this won't load. Keeps trying to as a PHP doc instead of as a pwt doc. Do you have this on-line for direct (non php) download somewhere?
    --
    David M. McLean
    Skinny Devil Music Lab
    Hidden Content

"...embrace your fear..."

for me that looks useful to learn where the triads and chord shapes are for over the fretbord, but some of them are structured a bit uncomfortable to play as sweep-arpeggios. position-shifting during a triad arpeggio is not really useful in my eyes. that's what always keept me from playing arps the "jason becker way"
    AP should me more useful but unflashy here .
    sven
    Last edited by phantom; 05-12-2004 at 12:25 PM.

Hi Skinny Devil, It downloads back to me OK as powertab... It's not very exciting but if you do want to have a look I can e-mail or possibly convert to PDF in a day or so.. (I don't have a site where I can post it)

On the Phantom comments, thanks! I left those awkward shifts in to extend the shapes to the limit, I didn't even think about sweeping it.