Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: confusion of mind

confusion of mind

I have a problem that always make me lost!
    I love a lot of contradictive styles and moods.
    first metal (thrash,death) was and still .
    I beginned learning classical guitar at 1996 but always Ilove to play power cords,after a two years I started to learn acoustic jazz and folk,and after that I bought an ELECTRIC so was always matel ,so after of tons of power cords and speedy noisy lead I went back to 70s , blues ,funk,atmospheric,psychadlic,underground ,i dont know (pink floyed) style,a lot strenge effects with VAI things ,and nowadays its fusion jazz with prog rock.

so when doing improvaistion all i know come to me mind in same second ,so all me project canfused and uncontinual.
    [ It's Definitely ]

Is that a question? So you get confused by the many things in your head, so severely that it blocks your soloing, is that it?

I believe that the ability to cover many styles is a good thing.

Soloing is difficult, some days it works, and some nothing works. Improvisation is a lot like telling a story - if i don't have anything to say, there isn't a chance in the world that the solo is gonna be any good. Having something to say is, to me, the hardest part (as this rambling clearly shows). I find that i improvise at my best when i am relaxed and feel no fear or need to show off. Self-reliance and guts are important issues, allowing me to speak my mind without giving a rats *** what other people thinks. Typically these are the qualities i lack the most. So maybe you have other issues, eh?

Not much of advice. But talking about stuff helps to, no matter what gets said. So thanks, and keep talking

I agree with you Bongo, one can probably spend eternity on anything and still find that there is more to explore.

BTW: I figured your sig...but i cheated (google) so i wont say anything. But honestly - where is 'in with the in crowd'?