Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: I simple aspect of a healthy playing style that often gets overlooked.

I simple aspect of a healthy playing style that often gets overlooked.

Most of the time, when I hear about someone wanting to get good at guitar, I hear words like fast. If you want to be a better player, the only thing you need is the will and determination to succeed. You would be suprised how much this can influence your playing. Having a negative attitude also limits you greatly. You don't want an attitude that has negative words in it. No matter how much better you think someone is than you, use that to motivate you to do better. The best thing to have is a positive attitude. Picture yourself with the skills you are hoping to obtain. Tell yourself that you can get there, but it will take hours of practice a day.

Those of you who have trouble with creativity know this: Your playing is best when linked directly to your emotions. Happy, sad, angry, any of them fuel your musical ambitions. Try this. When you are playing, think about someone who has made you really angry, sad, or happy. Bring back the experience. Make yourself feel that emotion you felt. Your creativity will shoot through the roof.

I hope this was helpful to someone here...
    ~UltimaRage~

Nice post UR... sounds simple but those things do tend to get overlooked.

Thanks. I've been improving as a guitarist, artist, and musician so much lately, and I've been actually noticing my improvements! I am even a bit better than I was a couple of weeks ago. It's such a good feeling. Knowing that your dedication is paying off. It's great to be able to express yourself in new ways with your new abilities.
    ~UltimaRage~