Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TK Vids

New TK Vids

Yo guys and gals...

.... long time no speech so I recorded these little videos performing some of my songs.

Escape From The Darkside

Shred It!

Wake Up

Warp Speed Now

Sorry, downloads are huuuuuuge...but gives you time to practise that difficult lick again.

Hope you like it and have fun watching!

TK

P.S. Yes, I know the "Wake Up" riff is a Michael Angelo ripp off. Thank you!

Hey That's some great playing. I've only downloaded the first one as the others are slowly downloading but I just had to comment on your guitar. Looks like you taught yourself on a right-handed guitar flipped over for a lefty. Or is that an optical illusion?

How hard was it to learn like that?

Thanks Chris! No illusion, actually I´m playing lefthanded guitars strung up righthanded.
    It just came naturaly to me since I am lefthanded and nobody told me to change strings so I learned it by myself at kept doing it.

Like I always say, it´s no way harder or easier to play then righthanded, it´s just different.

TK

Hey thanks for that link Eric. Had I read that first, it would have answered my question. I'm just curious why you have pics of Jake E Lee all through your article on Thorsten though

TK, that is wild to watch with your strings strung that way but after reading the article I can see how it is beneficial for you to do that when you pick up any regular (right handed) guitar.

Where are you guys from?

hi Thorsten,

Have watched some of your movie clips.
    you are really fast. And what's more impressive is
    you play like you know you won't hit a wrong note!

And it's interesting to see you play the guitar upside down

Originally posted by chris
    Hey thanks for that link Eric. Had I read that first, it would have answered my question. I'm just curious why you have pics of Jake E Lee all through your article on Thorsten though
    I figured it´d be a good idea to promote both Thorsten and Jake in one article... two for the prize of one. That´s why I have pics of Vivian Campbell all over my website ( inside joke here )
    Eric

Jake is great! He was a big influence on me when he was playing with Ozzy and I always thought he looked pretty cool, so Thanks!

Also he´s one of those guitar players that always hit the right notes.

Chris, I´m from Bielefeld, Germany...small town near Hannover(Scorpions-City)

Rock you like a hurricaaaaane....

TK

Hey TK,

Just wanted to say Thanks for the Vids of you playing your songs, Very Inspiring.

Thanks again!!!
    "Success is arriving at a Personal Satisfaction within yourself"

Dedicated To Guitar!!!

Thank YOU Schooligo for checking´em out and being inspired...really appreciate it!

TK

hey thorsten...

even though I´ve already mentioned some time ago: great playing.

different question to you:

back in ´96, I guess, there was an ibanez clinic of paul gilbert done in an irish pub in cologne. half an hour ( or something ) before that clinic started, a lot of the visitors ( including me ) were hangin´around the guitar store, which promoted the clinic, as a long haired guitarmaniac fetched a right-handed guitar, plugged it into an amp, turned it left and shredded like "demon-driven"

was that YOU????????????

Marc

Mmmhhhh, well...I guess, yes! I was at that clinic and I did play at that store. Great you noticed!

Awesome performance by Paul BTW! That was the first time he played that Spice Girls song live. What a laugh!

I think a friend of mine has that clinic (and me playing) somewhere on video.

TK

TK, Awesome vids! You make it look so easy... very deceptive... Unfortunately seeing you play doesn't make it any easier to transcribe!

Here's a portion of your song I'm transcribing. I usually record little bits to make sure it sounds right and then struggle with the timing notation in powertab! Hopefully I can get this thing done by Christmas!

BTW, I really like the arrangement on Down to Earth. It's a great tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

hey thorsten...

"brave new ( web ) world"... how small it is.

it was half a year after I started playing the guitar.
    though I´m a lefty, too, it was double impressive and might be the reason, why I never forgot this situation.
    never the less I picked up the guitar the "regular" ( right-handed ) way.

and you´re right, paul´s performance was awesome...

Thanks a lot guys!

Bizarro, you played it absolutely right. It´s a real honour for me that you try to transcribe one of my songs. It would be hard for myself to deciphe any of the solos since most of them are first takes and improvised but if you need any help please let me know!

Captain, I remember that 2 years later (or so) Paul did another clinic in that same pub. A week before that he played in Ibbenbueren at Music Produktiv were I got the chance to play with him on stage and later go out for dinner with him( since I work for MP). That was a thrill to have the guy sit right next to you and talk about his time in Racer X and what guitars he used etc. Never forget it!

TK