Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Help with note duration in 3/4 timing

Help with note duration in 3/4 timing

Hi I'm a returning musician and I'd really appreciate some help with these measures in Vals Venezolano No. 1 from Antonio Lauro. I think I kind of actually figured it out while I was looking up what the duration's were and some schooling came back to me So for the measures I'm not sure about, measures 19, 21, and 23. Correct me if I'm wrong, in 19, the A is to be played through the whole measure and the octave B is to be played one and a half beats. The G is the last half of the second beat that was continued from the first beat, and the E and the C# are the (3 and & if using the counting system.) In measure 21, it's the same except the last two notes are played for the whole last beat. I had to listen to measure 23 and I think the F# and G# just get refreshed if you will at the 3rd beat. You can imagine what I'd say about the rest on that measure. It seems I couldn't add the picture so please look up vals venezolano no 1 sheet music in google. It's the 7th one from classclef.com. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by Manannán; 12-29-2018 at 05:50 AM.

So from the measure at 1:00, is A is to be played through the whole measure and the octave B to be played one and a half beats? The G is the last half of the second beat that was continued from the first beat, and the E and the C# are the (3 and & if using the counting system.) Right?

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. I brushed up on some of those basics as well as watched a video and everything is checking out so far. I just got a hold of my teacher who will be moving close to me. He'll help clarify anything else I might need help with. Well thanks lots for your help.