Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Volume Swell Notation (Electric Guitar)

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Volume Swell Notation (Electric Guitar)

    How is a note with volume swell notated?

    a) Where it's heard.

    b) Where it's played.

    Playing a note with volume swell via guitar's volume knob : you roll the volume knob off and it's played (these happen before the note rings) then the volume is increased.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Dallas Texas
    I am not sure there is a standard notation. What about a note (say a half note or whole note to allow the swell time to develop) with a crescendo mark on it? That's how I'd do it on a wind or bowed instrument.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thank you very much

Similar Threads

  1. Brackets in music notation - Leavitt Volume 3
    By toddw82 in forum Music Theory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 12:03 AM
  2. New Volume The Sound Guitar Magazine
    By TheSound in forum iBreathe Cafe
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 12:40 AM
  3. My guitar hums at high volume!!
    By shaun_ng in forum iBreathe Cafe
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 10:01 AM
  4. Electric Guitar
    By Timmy in forum Getting Started
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts