Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: I have too much passion and not enough skill (And it stops me making music)

I have too much passion and not enough skill (And it stops me making music)

Hi guys,

I've come to you with a dilemma; as the title suggests - I've got so much passion for music and writing music and not enough skill to turn it into art. I know that the simple answer here is to practice more, but I wondered if anyone else had ever faced a similar problem.

Basically, I love music - it's always been a saviour for me. Like many of us, music has (literally) saved my life and got me through unbelievably tough times. When I had nobody, when nobody could help me - music was there for me. Now I feel like I'm in a place mentally where I'm tired of how things are, in my life, in society, in the things I see and experience and there is no voice for me, music just isn't there this time. I'm not a teenager anymore, so I guess this is my time to be a voice for others like me, but I'm having trouble:

I want to express this with music but I'm just not good enough, I get so emotionally worked up when I go to make music. I don't want to 'practice', I want to make *that* song, or capture *that* feeling. But nothing happens, I get my keyboard out, ready the guitars and open up my music software and it just doesn't happen. I don't think it's as much an inspiration problem, just a problem that I can't get my music to really voice my emotion - no matter what instrument I try. It's like being choked up or gagged while screaming to be heard, it's like having something incredibly important to say in a country where nobody understands you.

Does anyone have any advice or input?

my passion is to become a edm producer

Every one has their own passion to do. My Passion is to Networking

If You have passion, the Skill can developed by Practice and with Continuous Efforts

My Passion is full of Traditional Dance