Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: How to deal with nervousness?

How to deal with nervousness?

Every time I do performance with a crowd of people, I am always nervous. I get worried that I might hit the wrong notes or chord. The part I hated the most is that when I am nervous, snot runs down my nose. It happens all the time every time I perform. You are probably laughing right now. It's way beyond my control.

Now I can day dream of being a rock star and playing in a concert, but most of my performances are forced, they are like a requirement for school. I like to perform to lots of people only when I am a rock star.

If you're playing by yourself and hit a wrong note, everyone will know. But, it's live so it doesn't matter. If it's an original piece, most people will think it's part of the song.

If you're playing with a band and you hit a wrong note, very few will notice. It's usually too loud to understand each note. I've seen Jimmy Page quite a few times, and he's hit many wrong notes. It's live and to be expected.

The snot thing I've seen. Suck it back in.

Lucinda Williams PACKED HOUSE Town Hall NYC - http://youtu.be/artjAo-AJxo?list=UU9...p_Uth-1Qh9O-bw

She played 5 nights straight and each night did a complete album. This is from the Lucinda Williams album over twenty years after the album was released.

You'll notice she's off-key ALOT. But, it's still brilliant. Attitude has much to do with brilliance. Oh and GREAT songwriting ability.

I was auditioning for Jazz Piano yesterday at York University and I passed and I am now in the program. I was nervous, but no snot came out, Yes! .....I made mistakes, technically I memorized the pieces and forgot some of the notes in the middle, but it was all good. I have to go back Friday to check my schedule.

CONGRATULATIONS!

If everyone was able to play perfectly every time they performed we'd be computers.

Even recordings have errors in them. Those errors are usually the best part of the song.