Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: NuBalko's Piano Jornual

NuBalko's Piano Jornual

Hi!

This is Balázs here! I want to dedicate this thread to my musical journey .

I've heard that one of the best way to keep motivated is to have a bit of public pressure. On this blog I want give myself weekly exercises and upload the results as audio tracks. I will upload content at least once a week - I think that's also a great way to monitor your progress.

I will probably upload the content to some other forums as well, because the more readers/feedback I have the more I'm motivated I am to upload content regularly. So don't hesitate to write - that helps me tremendously to "stay on the path".

Also if you're interested in practicing music together then write me! We can set up weekly exercises/drills (like arpeggios, chord progressions, patterns, ear-training) and test each other online (for example through skype!) I belive that study groups and study partners are a great way to learn and motivate yourself. In this day and age you can study together online - I learn languages from foreigners through skype and I think it's great! I see no reason why this can't be done with music!

So a bit about myself:
    I'm Balázs from Hungary, 26 years old.
    When I was a little kid I wanted to play the tuba, but that didn't happen for some reason- some might say that I should be thankful for that .
    I started playing the guitar around the age of 16-17 - can't remember exactly. It happened by an accident - a guitar teacher were looking for students in my sister's school, and my sister was interested. I started taking lessons together with my sister. After short time My sister quit but I kept at it.

Long story short (maybe later on I will write the longer version):

Right now I'm learning to play the piano. I've been dabbling with it on and off since the age 21-22 but two years ago I've decided that I want to learn to play seriously.

My dream goal is to be a professional musician. Right now I'm nowhere near to it - it will take plenty of time.

So this is my first upload.

It's my attempt of 'All of Me' one of the most popular jazz standards of all time. It's awful(ly) slow - (but hey, this is a practice log anyway) wanted to upload something to start this thing off.

AllofMe2013-09-22

Also if you're interested in practicing music together then write me! We can set up weekly exercises/drills (like arpeggios, chord progressions, patterns, ear-training) and test each other online (for example through skype!) I belive that study groups and study partners are a great way to learn and motivate yourself. In this day and age you can study together online - I learn languages from foreigners through skype and I think it's great! I see no reason why this can't be done with music!
    h