Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Problems responding to threads from subscribing to topic

Problems responding to threads from subscribing to topic

Hi,

There is no Help link here, so I guess I have to go public. I really don't want to do that, but this is an ongoing problem and maybe others are experiencing the same thing.

I've subscribed to a topic, and when I get an email saying someone has replied, I click on the link. What I see there is clunky.

First, the thread top is at the top of the page, but then there's a subject field. Why do I have to enter the topic title again?

Second, the only option I see is "Reply with quote". I really don't want to include the quote, but it looks like I'm stuck with it. OK, I'll click on that and then delete the quote. But then....

Worst of all, after I've replied, and click on Submit Reply, my computer freezes, and then I have to start over. I thought I could save some time by copying my reply first and pasting it, but it cannot be saved! This is a complete waste of time.

I finally figured out that I need to return to the Home page and click on Forums. Once there, I can go to the thread and click on Quick Reply (Reply w/ Quote is there, too), which is all I need, and the reply goes through. But it seems to me that we ought to be able to reply by clicking on the link that comes to us via email. Hope you can fix this, because they really do need to match up. Thanks.

Mod
    I will give clive a ring for you and see if there is something we can do. Sit tight, this is a good place and we are recently working out bugs. A little patience is going to be helpful while clive works out these things, he's a one man team

Mod
    admin@ibreathemusic.com see if you can explain your problem there, even just a copy and paste.

Hey, Clive here, just testing using a test account.

test2

test3

Quote Originally Posted by croprock View Post
    test3
    test4

Hi Ceilr,

I've tried to replicate the problems you've been having, but haven't been able to.

- When I make a post, I get the notification by email.
    - It contains a link to the most recent post (and the unsubscribe links below)
    - When I click on the link to the most recent post, I am taken to the last post in the relevant thread.
    - All the reply options work for me without crashing my computer (both reply and reply with quote)

I'm not sure why you need to return to the home page and return to the forums. If your computer is freezing, or what you are seeing is 'clunky' - I'm wondering whether perhaps there is a problem on your computer perhaps? I'm not aware of anyone else experiencing any problems but if anyone is having problems - please do let me know at admin@ibreathemusic.com.