Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to develop Perfect Pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by walternewton View Post
    I guess you've been at it for over a year, and are still committed to the idea of learning PP (for whatever reason - few of us here see it as an especially worthwhile endeavor.)

I just hope you've also been working on learning to play some actual MUSIC in that time too!!
    Don't worry about me. I practice real music all the time, but I am fascinated to play by ear. In the near future, I plan to get hypnotized so I can get Perfect Pitch.

April 30, 2014 - After many months of saving money, I finally purchased P.I.T.C.H. ear training software by Jermaine Griggs and Improvisor by invite software. These will be my staple programs to help me develop relative pitch and I plan to get hypnotized so I can get Perfect Pitch. By the way I will be going to York University and Humber College so their Aural Training courses will also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanche_Minim View Post
    I plan to get hypnotized so I can get Perfect Pitch.
    OK, now you're just messing with us...
    Last edited by walternewton; 05-01-2014 at 02:57 AM.

May 24, 2014 - I am using Improvisor on a regular basis now. I had some advice from several people on how to make my ear training more progressive. I configured the program to start with a small subset of scale degrees and just practicing with one key. So I am right now practicing do re mi and different variations of those solfege in the key of C Major. I also plan to purchase guitar ear trainer. I was impressed by my guitar teacher that he can transcribe complicated chord voicings with ease. He just listens to it. So hopefully I will develop "perfect" relative pitch on the guitar with guitar ear trainer and start doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by walternewton View Post
    OK, now you're just messing with us...
    I'm not a fan of hypnotism, but I'll do anything to get Perfect Pitch. If someone invented a magic pill to help you get perfect pitch and It's worth a million dollars; I'll do anything to get it.

May 24, 2015 - Another aspect about ear training I learned from my guitar teacher is to sing. Singing is important. I will try to sing while practicing ear training. Singing is not a problem to me. I actually wanted to be a good singer like Tommy Giles and John Lennon.

June 5, 2014 - I recently have been admitted to York University. I applied for two programs: Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music and I was accepted in both. I obviously chose the Music Program because I am into music. This is not really the end of the journey, I will still apply for more schools. It's a great feeling being accepted but I would definitely feel great if I have Perfect Pitch. Let this be a start of something great.

June 6, 2014 - I was working on Improvisor Software with the solfege syllables do and re in the key of C Major. I did the exercise for 10 minutes without making a mistake. I am still uncertain a bit, but there's no point sticking in the key of C. I will now add G Major and see if it gets confusing.

June 12, 2014 - Improvisor Software. Scale Degrees - Do, Re, Mi. Exercise for 10 minutes without a mistake. Now adding Fa. Key: C Major.

June 20, 2014 - Improvisor Software. Scale Degrees. Key of C Major. 40 bpm. Do, Re, Mi, Fa = Passed Level. Next level = Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, Key: C Major, 40 bpm.
    Last edited by Blanche_Minim; 06-20-2014 at 07:39 PM.

June 20, 2014 - Diamond Ear Software. Perfect Pitch: Harmonic Intervals. Tones: C,D= Passed Level.

June 20, 2014 - Soon I will have a software program for chord progressions and chords on the guitar. It's called Guitar Ear Trainer.

June 25, 2014 - I purchased Chord Id. I used it today and it will help me with the feel of the chord changes. I'm not sure if they have any non - diatonic chord movement, but it's enough to help me in the mean time.

July 4, 2014 - Chord Id. I, V, vii and minor key. Level passed.

July 4, 2014 - I learned an ear training and improvisation technique from my guitar teacher, and that is singing what you play. I also discovered that Steve Vai, Janek Gwizdala, and many other musicians use this type of technique. So I am also doing that right now.