Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to develop Perfect Pitch?

April 11, 2013 - I am now adding F Major in my chord practice on Perfect Pitch or Absolute Pitch at DiamondEarII. It used to be only C Major, Db Major, D Major, Eb, Major and E Major. I am going up chromatically.

Not knocking your method, but are you bored yet? I'm being completely serious! One can not experience music through drills; things will become boring very quckly. Have some fun! Listen to some of your favorite songs and analyze them. Some serious analysis, but silly analysis as well! Music is supposed to be fun/exciting - whether you're studying it for serious or not so serious purposes.

Again, I'm not knocking your method, but if it were me, I'd wanna have fun, but by your method, I wouldn't be! Make a game out of drilling or something. This is where silliness works wonders! Music is better when it's relaxed and dealt with in the same manner!
    Last edited by Color of Music; 04-11-2013 at 11:30 PM.

April 14, 2013. Oh yes. I am not someone who only does mechanical drillls when I am practicing ear training. I listen to a plenty of music in youtube. Literally right now, I am listening to Rachmaninov's 'Piano Concerto No.2 in C Minor, Op. 18.’ Oh by the way, a couple of weeks from now, I will be having composition and ear training classes every Thursdays at 6:30pm. I may tell you guys more about that later.

Oh, I don't get bored easily.

April 14, 2013 - My tutor on DiamondEarII added a 'G' in my collection of tones in the tutor area. It used to be only C,D,E, and F. In the customized area I'm a bit ahead.

Oh yes. I love sounds. I just love it to death. Even the sound of the air - condition is music to my ears.

Relative pitch is probably more critical to know, and you can get very far with a solid ear for this!
    Last edited by Crossroads; 04-15-2013 at 06:39 AM.

I will be taking my Master of Fine Arts in University. Then I will be studying further abroad with my Doctorate in London, England. (see you there!
    Last edited by Crossroads; 04-15-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Oh yes, I am also practicing Relative Pitch. With Perfect Pitch or Absolute Pitch and Relative Pitch combined the ear is four times as powerful as either ability seperately.

April 15, 2013 - My tutor on DiamondEarII added an 'A' in my collection of tones in the tutor section.

April 17, 2013 - I am now practicing 7 tones in Melodic Dictation on 2nds and 3rds (Major and Minor).

September 15, 2013 - I am now adding D Minor in my collection of chords at DiamondEarII. It used to be only C and Db Major and C and C # Minor.

September 22, 2013 - I am now using three tones with 'A' added at DiamondEarII. It used to be only C, D, E, F, and G.

September 29, 2013 - I am now in a new Ear Training teacher. He's better than the other ones and he has a good analogy of the colors of the chords in chord progressions and he says learning melody is easy. So I found the perfect ear training teacher. I felt bad that I have to leave my blonde ear training teacher but she wants me to sing intervals and interval training is a waste of time. But I still have blonde teachers on other classes so it is still good. I don't have to tell you the details of what goes on in my Ear Training class because intelligence property must be protected. Also my Composition class is still with the same teacher but our schedule has to change because I am going to Applied Music Lessons in school for piano. So my new schedule is Ear Training on Friday 7pm and Composition on Saturday 1pm. This is a useful schedule in the future once I am in University.

October 20, 2013 - I am now adding Eb Minor in my collection of chords at DiamondEarII. It used to be only C, C#, and D Major and Minor.