Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: 252 bpm not faster enough

dwest2419

252 bpm not faster enough

Hi guys back with another thread. I met this kid the other day. And we discussed practicing with a metronome. He said he was looking for a faster metronome that has more than 252 bpm. He learn how to play faster by starting with up strokes first to play a pattern. But I spoke to him that I did not know that there were metronomes on the market that produced a metronome more than 252 bpm. Are there metronomes out there that has 300 bpm? And if so what is the name?

Quote Originally Posted by dwest2419 View Post
    Hi guys back with another thread. I met this kid the other day. And we discussed practicing with a metronome. He said he was looking for a faster metronome that has more than 252 bpm. He learn how to play faster by starting with up strokes first to play a pattern. But I spoke to him that I did not know that there were metronomes on the market that produced a metronome more than 252 bpm. Are there metronomes out there that has 300 bpm? And if so what is the name?
    "This kid" can always play 2 or more notes per metronome click...

Some metronomes can be set subdivide the main beat into eights, triplets, sixteenths etc. with a different tone - the Boss DB-30 (which I use) is one example.

dwest2419
    Thanks walternewton your the best! ^_^

The maximum speed of my metronome is only 208 bpm. I have a way of using it for a longer time. I will play quintuplets, sextuplets, 32nd notes, etc. There is no limit on your metronome. God only knows if you start playing 29 notes in one beat, with the speed of 252 bpm.

nice sharing