Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Need some help with this tune

Need some help with this tune

so, we just finished mastering this track and we would like a profesional opinion on wether or not we did a good job. how about it, guys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbscF...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    so, we just finished mastering this track and we would like a profesional opinion on wether or not we did a good job. how about it, guys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbscF...ature=youtu.be
    From a Production standpoint? Not to discourage you or this post/thread, but this forum is geared towards composition. There are forums geared towards production and I would suggest asking for critiques on those forums or since I am a member of two forums, I could be the go-between although I would then suggest registering on those forums yourself.

Having said this, without too much detail, the production is good. The composition and arrangement are good as well. I see you've studied the genre and kept things simple as simplicity suit this genre.

It's a typical (not meant in a bad way) dance track from a harmonic perspective - Four chords, specially tied to either A minor or C major; however, I am willing to bet that the song's in A min (with the natural minor being utilized). 6734 is a very common progression - one of many common progressions used in this genre.

And no, I am not a professional and I'm more into the composition/arranging side of things, but I am delighted to have shared my thoughts with you.

If there is anything regarding Composition/Arranging, I as well as other members will be glad to help. Try to ask questions here in that general area.

Are you planning to keep the tune as is or planning to re-work it? If so, how: Melodically, Harmonically, Rhythmically? Personally, I don't think anything needs to be done to it.
    Last edited by Color of Music; 11-14-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Color of Music View Post
    From a Production standpoint? Not to discourage you or this post/thread, but this forum is geared towards composition. There are forums geared towards production and I would suggest asking for critiques on those forums or since I am a member of two forums, I could be the go-between although I would then suggest registering on those forums yourself.

Having said this, without too much detail, the production is good. The composition and arrangement are good as well. I see you've studied the genre and kept things simple as simplicity suit this genre.

It's a typical (not meant in a bad way) dance track from a harmonic perspective - Four chords, specially tied to either A minor or C major; however, I am willing to bet that the song's in A min (with the natural minor being utilized). 6734 is a very common progression - one of many common progressions used in this genre.

And no, I am not a professional and I'm more into the composition/arranging side of things, but I am delighted to have shared my thoughts with you.

If there is anything regarding Composition/Arranging, I as well as other members will be glad to help. Try to ask questions here in that general area.

Are you planning to keep the tune as is or planning to re-work it? If so, how: Melodically, Harmonically, Rhythmically? Personally, I don't think anything needs to be done to it.
    I guess 'm gonna keep it. I already posted it on Youtube, but there is not a lot of real feedback there, you know. Thanks a lot for your words, even though it seems I was out of topic posting my question on a wrong forum. You were right on the A minor. Thanks for the wisdom words, keep on playing your music!

Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    I guess 'm gonna keep it. I already posted it on Youtube, but there is not a lot of real feedback there, you know. Thanks a lot for your words, even though it seems I was out of topic posting my question on a wrong forum. You were right on the A minor. Thanks for the wisdom words, keep on playing your music!
    I didn't mean you couldn't post production stuff here, you can, It's just that those kinds of questions are rare. Just be aware next time and for future postings and just because you upload it somewhere doesn't mean you have to keep it. I've seen tons of revised works uploaded as well. Of course, the choice is up to you, I just pointed this out because you didn't seem to sure. I hope my reply didn't cause doubt as I didn't intend it to.

Thank you for your reciprocation and don't run off. There may be one or many composition/arranging questions all the way down to basic theory things you never knew about, forgot and need/want to recall or just curious about something. It isn't as if you're out-of-the loop reading theory, arranging, composition or any or all of the three.

There's not just composition/arrangement things here either. Performance discussions and advice are here, too; so, don't be shy to ask questions, period. This forum is very informative and helpful.

And same to you!
    Last edited by Color of Music; 11-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.