Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: recommendation

recommendation

Can any one recommend a good descent headphones that i can plug into my guitar amp for when i practice late at nite as my girlfriend is none to pleased when i wake up our lil baby early hours of the morning, i am preferably after a gd budget paire

many thanks you for your replys in advance.......
    Rob

http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/ Around $50 + whatever the headphones cost. I use my IPad headphones. Plug it in and take it anywhere. You are the only person that will hear it. There are vox amps for lead guitar, bass, rhythm guitar, etc. Pick the one that fits your playing.
    Last edited by Malcolm; 09-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Some years ago I had the same issue of not wanting to wake/annoy others with what I was playing. I made the mistake of checking guitar forums etc. to see which headphones people recommended and which were supposed to sound best etc. Several pairs of headphones later, I decided all that sort of advice is frankly nonsense.

In the end, after discarding several pairs of larger more expensive pairs of studio phones, I found that I much preferred the smallest lightest and cheapest little headphones. So I'd just get a minimalist pair of phones like that from a decent brand like Synthesiser (whoops, edit -as Jon says below- I meant Sennheiser, not "synthesiser"!) for about £8-£10.
    Last edited by Crossroads; 09-05-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossroads View Post
    Some years ago I had the same issue of not wanting to wake/annoy others with what I was playing. I made the mistake of checking guitar forums etc. to see which headphones people recommended and which were supposed to sound best etc. Several pairs of headphones later, I decided all that sort of advice is frankly nonsense.

In the end, after discarding several pairs of larger more expensive pairs of studio phones, I found that I much preferred the smallest lightest and cheapest little headphones. So I'd just get a minimalist pair of phones like that from a decent brand like Synthesiser for about £8-£10.
    You mean Sennheiser?

I have a great cheap pair of theirs I've had for years - really good quality. Unfortunately they're now falling apart, and the equivalent model now is a lot more than £10... I've yet to find any others that sound anywhere near as good.
    The only annoying thing about the pair I have is they're so comfortable I tend to forget I have them on, and stand up and walk away.... and unfortunately they're not wireless...
    Last edited by JonR; 09-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonR View Post
    You mean Sennheiser?

I have a great cheap pair of theirs I've had for years - really good quality. Unfortunately they're now falling apart, and the equivalent model now is a lot more than £10... I've yet to find any others that sound anywhere near as good.
    The only annoying thing about the pair I have is they're so comfortable I tend to forget I have them on, and stand up and walk away.... and unfortunately they're not wireless...

Ha ha, yes ... "Sennheiser" ... that must have got changed by my spell checker without me realising lol.