Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: interval improvisation

interval improvisation

I was wondering if anybody here knows a bit about multi-string soloing. I'm talking about using intervals for improvisation mainly. I'm able to fool around with 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths, and the octaves of all of those... but I was just hoping somebody might have interesting ideas or input for using these.

I'm focusing mainly on acoustic type soloing with these.

snufeldin,

I'm also deep into acoustic. Re interval solo/improvisation you might check out this site

www.petersimms.com by Peter Simms (surprisigly )

He has several good examples of chord melody solo arrangements:

http://www.petersimms.com/lesson_mat...free_lsns.html

There you can find melody line harmonizations with different chord tones and listen to them in midi format - very well done. Sort of a starting point for such kind of playing on acoustic.

Ultra mega best regards,
    Zatz.

What do you want to know? How to generate them from a scale or arpeggio? Jim Hall is great at this stuff. I think he more or less just "sees" them within the context of regular position type diatonic scales.

I'm mainly just trying to spread my soloing out over the strings... if that makes sense. Not only just chord melody stuff.

I also can derive all the previous 2nds, 3rds, etc. from scales, but I haven't tried it with arpeggios... that's a cool idea.