Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Extreme shred licks

I guess, choose 'Save As...' from the File-menu. Fiddle with the program, there should be at least a trial version of the mp3 encoder. Read more here.

Long Beach C.A (home of sublime and snoop dogg)
    yeah man i want to get this mp3 thing going cause i want to submit a solo for that wanna jam thread

i cant put my mp3 it doesnt let me it freezes when it almost finishes
    Last edited by neo shredder; 08-15-2003 at 10:05 AM.

here

Too bad.. Could be anything, you could always try to restart the computer. If that doesnīt help, you might need to use some other software - back to square one, save the file as a wav from Quartz and find some converter-tool that works to make a mp3 of it.
    Last edited by Cuno; 08-15-2003 at 11:05 AM.

Also, remember that the file has to be less than 1 MB in order to be posted... bigger files cannot be attached...
    Eric

i wanna keep this thread alive so if any one has cool and hard licks to play post em here

Here's one of the original tappers and 8-finger dudes from way back! Check out some of the old Autograph songs on the site, like "she never looked that good for me" I might take a few lessons from him one of these years.

Steve Lynch, GIT's student of the year and "most likely to succeed" in 1979!
    http://www.stevelynch.info

Go to his scrapbook, then articles, and then click on the various articles he's written on shredding, tapping, etc!
    Last edited by Bizarro; 08-17-2003 at 04:29 AM.
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

Well, this isn't exactly extreme shredding, but it is a Bizarro-original! It's supposed to be played over G major.

The idea is to play mostly chord tones using the picking/pull-off pattern in the powertab file. I really like the way the notes flow when picked in this manner, and a lot of people use this type of stuff with pentatonics.

This exercise is a good way to learn where chord tones are located all over the neck. It also forces a lot of left hand position changes.

I don't have a set way of playing licks like this. It's just something I've added to my improv vocabulary over the past 20 years. It can be played very quickly without too much picking effort, which is a bonus!! It has some good applications if you want a fast and flashy run.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Bizarro
    Google is your friend Hidden Content

really cool lick kinda greg howe on the pepper shake. heres my lick a la' marty friedman its on a new song im starting to write

Originally posted by Bizarro
    Steve Lynch, GIT's student of the year and "most likely to succeed" in 1979!

LOL, Steve Lynch... yars ago, I bought his video "The Two-Handed Guitarist". Some very cool stuff in there ( very similar to the "beyond Eddie"-style tapping stuff Dave Celentano used to write about in the early 80s )
    One thing that bothered me about it is that, when he demonstrated his solo-piece "Hammerhead" ( a very cool little tapping solo ), he demonstrated it with a playback,... you can notice when it comes to the bends at the end... his hand-movement isnīt in synch with the sound. Odd.
    Cool ideas on that vid, though. And I also remember that hit Autograph had... "Turn Up The Radio"
    Eric

...oh, cool... you can listen to "Hammerhead" on that site, too.
    Check out the articles in the "Scrapbook", there are some lessons, too
    Eric

heres a song im also working on called shine. the story to this section came from a roland juno six keyboard. it has and arp switch that goes to three octives. so i set it to go to 3 octives and that it would go down and up. i held a pentatonic shape and made a note go down the scale giving a minor seventh chord, an augmented chord, a suspended chord and a dominant chord. i cant play this lick to speed but im not that far off to getting to this speed

Here comes 2 Lick from me.
    The 1. Lick is my own and 2. lick is from a guitar book. They aren't extrem shred licks but i think they sound cool.

Annotation: I can't play the licks in that tempo, but thats my aim.

Aloha!

Since this is a thread about shredding I thought it might be a good place to post a new song.

Hope ya dig it! I wrote and recorded this in one day...feedback welcome!

TK

Down To Earth

P.S.: 10 points for who knows were I stole the melody in the verse from...