Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Berklee School of Music in Boston, MA

Berklee School of Music in Boston, MA

Hi everyone,

Has anyone out there recently got accepted into Berklee or know of the requirements to pass the audition and get in? I really want to get into the school and start really pursuing music avenues full-heartedly. Thanks for the help!

To hear some of my music, just go to youtube and type in Jeff Commissaris, and you'll be directed to my music channel with original and interpretive music.

Cheers,

_Jeff

Mod
    Welcome to ibreathe. Not to be rude but, please use the search function. You will find a wealth of info on this in the forums. People come quite often asking this question. Also the best people you can talk to about this is admissions with berklee. They know better than anyone else. And any in you get anywhere else is second hand.

Good luck and stick around here. Great forum.

-matt

Quote Originally Posted by boutdonow14 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone out there recently got accepted into Berklee or know of the requirements to pass the audition and get in? I really want to get into the school and start really pursuing music avenues full-heartedly. Thanks for the help!

To hear some of my music, just go to youtube and type in Jeff Commissaris, and you'll be directed to my music channel with original and interpretive music.

Cheers,

_Jeff
    Hey Jeff, what you can read at Berklee's site is what you will be asked for during the audition:

http://www.berklee.edu/admissions/general/guitar.html

Now how do you prepare for that? You'll definitely need a teacher or buy some books, but a teacher is definitely recommended.

I've written a book about how to prepare for a Berklee Guitar Audition:

http://www.theauditionguide.com

I have been accepted with scholarship, and have taken the Berklee audition 2 times. The first time I got the scholarship and the 2nd time extended it for 1 more year. Find me on facebook.

Hope it helps
    Matias T. Rengel