Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: chat for guitarists

chat for guitarists

hi guys

do you know any website where it is possible to chat with people about music and guitar playing. I like chat as a form of communication. you just click and people immediately see what you are writing.
    please, let me know if you know anything about chances to chat

comments will be highly appreciated

Mod
    I will sticky this and if people want to provide, skype, aim, msn, or any other id names they can. Maybe we can get a thing going?

aim: SUguitarguy

i think that although the principle is good, it would be hard to implement. we are not very many here i don't think in order to have a significant number of us online at the same time. plus, it would be kind of weird if there's not like a topic or a subject outline to discuss about.

what i'd like to get going is analysis of specific songs, where we could all learn tunes and talk about them and share ideas about them. and ask questions about them.

we don't even need to change much, we could just have say a different person every so often starts a poll thread with names of tunes and youtube links for them. we could have a signup thread where people signup and first come first serve is the order we go in for creating the poll threads. then everyone votes in the poll thread for some set time period. the winner with the most votes is the tune we look at and we start a thread of that tune. then after some set time period the next person in the signup list creates the next poll thread.

if we had something like this then for the online stuff we'd at least have a topic handy, but there'd still be the difficulty of being online at the same time.
    Last edited by fingerpikingood; 01-16-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Mod
    lets do both. The only reason I included the idea of instant messenger names was because I'm sure people wouldn't mind a one on one chat, and if more than one person ends up online at the same time a group chat could be had. I will start the analysis thread now.

Wow. I can't wait for this to happen. That would be very if this happen.

C.W
    Quote Originally Posted by rafapak View Post
    hi guys

do you know any website where it is possible to chat with people about music and guitar playing. I like chat as a form of communication. you just click and people immediately see what you are writing.
    please, let me know if you know anything about chances to chat

comments will be highly appreciated
    Do facebook groups still have the chat function? Might be worth doing that, if you're that way inclined.

I prefer forums myself though...
    Last edited by C.W; 02-22-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: error

I don't think the facebook group still have it since no one annoys me anymore. Maybe that's why the facebook take out the group chat function coz even if you're not on the group page, the chat will still appear.

C.W
    Quote Originally Posted by moniquebliss View Post
    I don't think the facebook group still have it since no one annoys me anymore. MaybI e that's why the facebook take out the group chat function coz even if you're not on the group page, the chat will still appear.
    Oh yeah!

I just know I turned it off and since, a few people have asked: "Where has it gone?" but no idea what happened to it. I presume it was changed the last time facebook decided to do a big overhaul.

What the facebook programmers should do is they should put a private chatbox on the group page so the one's that can chat and see the message of their members are only those who are viewing their group. Some forums have a chatango in their site, like my anime forum site (nwanime). I joined their since highschool but I don't really use their chat box even now because the traffic is so high.