Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Good God Almighty - whats with all this semi-deleted spam?

Good God Almighty - whats with all this semi-deleted spam?

Why cant these threads be completely removed? Do the new mods only have limited powers to move threads but not completely delete them or something? Thats just not gonna work. The majority of this particular forum is now made up of moved spam threads and is virtually unreadable. Would someone PLEASE do something. Cheers.
    Last edited by Timestorm; 06-21-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Quite right. It looked a complete mess didn't.

Just to explain from my viewpoint - when I began moderating these forums, it was not clear to me whether that particular mod. tool would just delete the offending stuff, or whether I would also unintentionally erase all sorts of other material.

Anyway - I've now erased it all (almost) .... should look much better now ... tell me if it looks OK to you now?

Cheers, Ian.

Thats MUCH better! It looks fine now. Boy am i glad to see the back of that mess! Good job, thanks for the swift response.

My pleasure .

Ian.

Nice one. The "flowers" thread got a lucky escape?..Laridar and Keith Alex are the same person right? ...although that flowers site is pretty funny:

"Whether it be at a party, horticulturist convention, or over dinner, you can impress someone by knowing the names of all flowers...

This has to be one of the worst feelings ever, you see the most beautiful flower in the world. Or at least at the time it seems that it is, but you canít find it anywhere, mainly because you ask people if they know what the flower name is when you describe it to them. They may know a name, but then when you search it up, guess what! It really wasnít the real name, no one used that names of flowers for that flower before besides that person down the street who you got the name from."

Quote Originally Posted by jimc8p
    Nice one. The "flowers" thread got a lucky escape?..Laridar and Keith Alex are the same person right? ...although that flowers site is pretty funny:
    Yep, doesn't look like a very sensible thread does it. Matt and I are aware of it .

Ian.

Mod
    yup we're working on it.