Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music in your dreams

Quote Originally Posted by daystar
    I was being a bit tounge in cheek on that post
    Whoops . I'm so sorry ... I meant to write MorningStar ... not DayStar!!! Too many stars around here lol

I was talking about MorningStar's interest in spirituality and the occult.

OK, I've changed that post now.

Ian.

LOL! No problem at all. For a fact, MorningStar's posts are much more interesting than mine.

i have a very weird kind of song that always listen to.. i have a very weird personality, i think a part of my brain works saying why am i listening to it.. but a part gets satisfied.. my dream music is electronica.. not the conventional way.. cant just tell the rhythm here though.

i know a few musicians at school who do this. Its pretty crazy. Cool talent to have.
    "If love is a labor, I'll slave 'till the End" umgd

My dreams are muted. And many times have narration, like Kate Blanchet, like the other day some village people with their shovels up on their shoulders, whistling, came to me while sleeping ,at the center of a crossroad, covered in a big white sheet and the narration spoke "And his beautiful head was decapitated". Am I weird?

cool article along these lines:
    Five Dream Discoveries (BBC News) (excerpt) :

Yesterday by The Beatles is one of the world's most well-known songs and according to the Guinness Book of Records, the song with the most cover versions. Paul McCartney has spoken about how the melody came to him in a dream. He was staying in a small attic room in London in 1965, while the band were filming Help!

He woke up with a tune in his head, he said, and immediately decided to play it.

"I got out of bed, sat at the piano, found G, found F sharp minor 7th - and that leads you through then to B to E minor, and finally back to E. It all leads forward logically.

"I liked the melody a lot, but because I'd dreamed it, I couldn't believe I'd written it. I thought, 'No, I've never written anything like this before.' But I had the tune, which was the most magic thing!"

He was still unsure whether he had merely repeated someone else's song so he played it to anyone who would listen, but no-one could identify it. Many fans have tried to do the same.

My dreams are muted too, ragasaraswati! Lame...maybe I just listen to too much music during the day, my brain needs a break
    "We look at each other wondering what the other is thinking but we never say a thing."
    umgd

In the past I have been serenaded by Steve Perry and the Journey in my sleep haha