Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: My Introduction

My Introduction

I am a new member as of yesterday and would like to introduce myself. Obviously, my name is Melody, but I'd like to go by just Mel when the term "melody" is being used in the conversation. That way I can tune out when your not talking to me...
    I have played piano on and off my whole life, amounting to about six years total of actual lessons. Piano is my favorite instrument to play because I like to have control over more than one pitch at a time. I also have six years experience on the clarinet (my second favorite), only skipping one year, and about two non-consecutive years with violin. (I also do keyboard, if you view that differently than the piano.) I am a senior in HS and taking an AP Music Theory class. (The AP test is actually coming up within a week.) I am focusing on ear training and found this site when I was google-ing the topic for some help. I was impressed with the conversation, and I just had to join. lol But that's about all I have to say. Now I'm off to go read! -Melody

Welcome Mel. Good to have a fresh perspective and some input on the piano/keys front too.

Hi Melody ... welcome to i-Breathe-Music .

Good to see a piano & clarinet player here ... otherwise, as you can probably guess, almost everyone here is a guitarist ... that's not really because the site is intended to attract guitarists, but simply because guitarists seem to outnumber everyone else by a wide margin.

But still, despite all the guitarists, you might like it here because we concentrate on music, theory, technique and actually playing, as opposed to any gear discussion about who's spent the most money on the biggest but least used collection of fancy guitars lol.

OK, hope to see you around.

Cheers, Ian.

Yes welcome, there have been quite a few new enrollees that seem to have a wealth of theory knowledge to share. We all learn from each other. Jump in anytime.

Malcolm

Thanks for the welcome! So far I have really enjoyed my time on here. And yes, I noticed the multitude of guitar players, including yourself. I might pick that up sometime when I strike it rich and can afford another instrument. lol Fortunately I have worked with guitar players before, and I would love to learn more about them, and the mysterious language of TABS. Perhaps meanwhile I can locate a few other non-guitar players to join forces with. Have a great day!