Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Greetings from South Carolina!

Greetings from South Carolina!

Hi everyone. I'm Billy and I'm 40 years old. I've been playing since the age of 13, initially inspired by the late great Randy Rhoads. I've been a metalhead ever since! Besides writing,recording and performing with my band, I co-own a music store here in Beaufort SC and also teach guitar. I saw a link to iBreathe on Thorsten Koehne's website and checked it out. It looks like a very cool community and I'm looking forward to being part of it.

Hi Welcome to the forum .

Your music history sounds interesting.

Yep, this is a really nice "grown-up" forum for players interested in theory, technique, composing stuff, and actually performing live etc.

Ian.

Mod
    Welcome! hope you enjoy yourself!

hey there, great to have you around. Randy Rhoads was quite a big influence for me too, and right now I play in an Ozzy tribute-band occasionally, so I get to play a lot of those songs that I listened to back then, lotsa fun.
    Hope you'll like being part of the community!
    Eric

PS: is the username a nod towards Michael Schenker?

Yes welcome, we learn from each other and I'm sure you can pass on things that will help us all.

Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by EricV
    hey there, great to have you around. Randy Rhoads was quite a big influence for me too, and right now I play in an Ozzy tribute-band occasionally, so I get to play a lot of those songs that I listened to back then, lotsa fun.
    Hope you'll like being part of the community!
    Eric

PS: is the username a nod towards Michael Schenker?

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I feel at home already!

Eric, my username is indeed a nod to Mr. Schenker. "Attack of the Mad Axeman" was the first MSG tune I heard and I was hooked after that! I still warm up with the riff from "Into The Arena".

The Ozzy tribute band sounds like it would be a blast. So much great material to choose from! Are you just doing Randy era songs or are you including Jake and Zakk tunes as well?