Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: This just in...

This just in...

I'm a retired 67 year old ex-advertising guy from Boston who finally has the time to tackle some things on my 'to do' list, e.g.; learning some stride piano pieces.

I have just posted my first thread on the 'Getting Started' and 'Piano & Keys' forums.

This looks like a pretty interesting place.

Welcome. This is primarily a music theory / guitar forum, however, there are few keyboard players scattered among our ranks.

Relate to your post. When I retired at 65 I took up the banjo, actually did not take much over a year to hook up with a band. Guitar fit better with the music we played so I transferred over to acoustic/electric guitar and have been playing rhythm guitar with that band for nine years.

This site drove me to keyboard. I found that theory can be seen and understood on the keyboard, much easier than on a 6 string guitar. So Santa brought me a keyboard for Christmas - a year ago.

Have settled in with chord accompaniment to my vocals using lead sheet music. Basically the same thing I do with a guitar - I now strum my piano. Enjoy improvisation, playing by rote is not my cup of tea.

Again, welcome I think you will like it here.
    Last edited by Malcolm; 02-24-2009 at 05:13 PM.