Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Hello, from the US.

Kat

Cool Hello, from the US.

Hi, everyone.

I found this site via StumbleUpon. As a musician with a blog (whose link I've yet to post. I didn't want to post it till I was a regular here.), I was looking for music and general creativity sites to blog about...and whammo! Found you guys! :-D

I'm from Iowa, in the middle of the US. My dad's a music teacher, but I prefer the idea of recording and performing. I'm just not patient enough to be a teacher, unless it's a one-on-one deal. Actually, I'd end up being FAR more patient with the students than I would be with the school admins/school board, who think nothing of ratcheting up the money spent in sports and leaving the music department high n dry.

Like your site title says...I breathe music, practically. I have my favorite musicians, groups, but who doesn't? ;-)

But there are two musicians whose work has inspired me from a very young age, both musically and spiritually.

I'm going to let people know right now: I am a mystic, as well as a musician. So, if I say stuff regarding music that's a bit too out there for any of you, just consider the source, because I'm not apologizing for how music (or certain musicians' work) affects me.

I know that sounds a bit defensive, but I've met too many people who look at my musical tastes and take potshots...

That being said, I look to learn from this site as much as I can.

Blessings,
    Katherine ^.^

Welcome Katherine,
    I will look out for the mystic approach to music, and look forward to it.

Yes welcome. We learn from each other; look forward to hear what you have to say.