Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Guitar songs

Guitar songs

ok does anyone here know any sites that have tab thats got more detail to it?

like my friend wrights out tab and he put in arrows for up strokes and down strokes and when to pause and things like that or could someone give me songs that are pretty good beat and arent super fast all the time and have sort of fast solos i listen to rock alternative rock and punk rock

help please?

Okey, first things first. Please start incorporating dots in your written language. It's not easy reading a post consisting of just one long sentence. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, but it'll just get you better response from the other users.

As far as tabs go. I recomend that you download the free Power Tab Editor from http://www.power-tab.net. You can find tabs from search engines such as www.911tabs.com. Those are generally quiet accurate. And since you can play back the tablature, you get rythm as well. Some folks even indicate up and down strokes on certain tricky passages.

And for the songs, well, I'm not into those genres. But just pick a song that you like and that doesn't sound impossible to play. Learn it, move on to the next song.

Hope this helps. Cheers
    Why do today what you can leave for tomorrow? Hidden Content

I never found it much use trying to learn from free stuff on the net.

Yep, I know it get's expensive to buy your favourite stuff.

On another thread you mentioned stuff from your local library. I'd ask them about inter-library loans, and see if they can get better quality stuff for you from bigger libraries outside your area. See if they have tutorial DVD's from publishers like Lick Library, and from teachers/instructors like Danny Gill, Guthrie Govan, Andy James, Troy Stetina ... ask them about that stuff.

Otherwise, there's quite a lot of tutorial stuff on YouTube, eg bit's & pieces out of instructional DVD's from guys like Paul Gilbert, and many others. Take a look at that, and you can try following what those guys are suggesting for exercises and licks. For example, here's something from Paul Gilbert -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=khs0Wl7Hvas

Or Danny Gill has some complete song lessons there in several parts, eg -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FEojqw...eature=related

Ian.

thanks again, Ian. ill try the librarie stuff and if that computer proves to be worth fixing well ill go on youtube.

i just like the style of this guitar its friken sweet i drule over it alot!!! >_>http://www.instrumentpro.com/image.p...001/espf2e.jpg

but i like zachary guitars more, cuz this guy doesnt put on that plasticky shine it has a more natural shine google zachary guitars they are prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sweet O_o

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossroads
    See if they have tutorial DVD's from publishers like Lick Library, and from teachers/instructors like Danny Gill, Guthrie Govan, Andy James, Troy Stetina ... ask them about that stuff.
    You can also find a lot of the Lick Library titles on eBay!

they havent got much stuff at the library

Question

Have you tried power tab or Guitar pro.

They both allow you to play a midi (musical instrument digital interface :P) song that gives you all the timings and rhythms along with tab and a transcriptions for music in case you want to play the guitar part on piano and piano on guitar. I recommend Guitar pro 5 but you have to pay for it so if you feel like it i really do recommend buying.

As for:
    could someone give me songs that are pretty good beat and aren't super fast all the time and have sort of fast solos i listen to rock alternative rock and punk rock
    You can't beat either
    dire straits/Mark Knophfler or on the punk side Bad religion
    American Jesus has a great riff and punchy chords but not super fast.

You can find these all at Ultimate guitar
    Great for Rock Metal and Punk right down to country.
    Last edited by rev_ollie; 02-03-2009 at 08:02 PM.

thanks rev_ollie i like bad Religion

Ace nice to see another B.R fan :P

I Didnt know about them till today but theyr awsome