Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Strickly Recording Techniques

Lightbulb Strickly Recording Techniques

I am a music production student and I have the task of recording Electronic/Experimental music, next week sometime. The composer wants to send the sounds through a amplifier and he works with a lot of tape manipulators and distortion units that he has created himself. I trying to think of ways of recording him, specially the distortion. Does anyone have any experience in recording such tracks? I was thinking of using a mixture of close micing and room mics that capture the natural resonance and reverb within the room. I am just a little worried that I wont be able to capture the harsh sounds well with typical microphones. We have a large range of microphones, so I will probably go for large diaphragm mics, but just not sure about positioning.

Any ideas?

Exclamation

I suggest that you read the strictly thread rules, and consider posting such questions posting in the Ibreath cafe.

Oh okay, sorry, I am new.

The only recording that i have experience was during my computer graphics class we recorded our voice and a background music with the use of a multimedia software, maybe it will also work on with what you are planning. I hope so.