Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Hey guys, I am back.

Hey guys, I am back.

I am like a whole different person. divorced three years now. devoted alot of time in my music and had had an amazing year musically.

Well, off to bed now.

even though you and I have had disagreements in the past,

you are a knowledgeable member of this community, and you made an active effort to participate and help people/musicians

I'm glad your life is going better,

welcome back !!
    "Success is arriving at a Personal Satisfaction within yourself"

Dedicated To Guitar!!!

realizing dreams
    Hey los Boleros, welcome back, listening to your music right now

Hey, that's good news! Welcome back. I visited the forums just every now and then a long time but hopefully I will find more time from now to check the site more often.
    ________
    Magic flight vaporizer review
    Last edited by live; 03-28-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Welcome back man, I hope to see some of those great posts again!

Well well, the gang is all here.

Welcome back Los Boleros. Good to see your postings again. I'm looking forward to your contributions, and trust they will be as valuable as earlier.

Hi welcome back Los Boleros .

Sorry to hear about the life changing stuff ... hope that's working out OK for you now.

I always enjoyed your posts in the past, even if Schooligo did argue with you lol (I didn't see that stuff ).

Ian.

well maybe a brief explanation is in order,(Crossroads IAN)

past history:
    well the only time that I can ever recall having an issue with Los Boleros was when certain members of the IBreatheMusic.com community(including Los Boleros) played MORE notes than the specific Strickly thread specified

meaning if it was the Pentatonic strickly(as this situation clearly was)that musicians ONLY play those 5 notes as specified by the strickly post,

the debate occured (between me and Los Boleros when I pointed out that these musicians were not playing a pentatonic scale) because some musicians played alot more notes than the 5 pentatonic notes specified

thereby no longer making it a Strickly pentatonic contribution,

my argument was(and still is) why call it a strickly pentatonic if you don't adhere to the fact that a pentatonic scale ONLY contains 5 notes, therefore since you only have 5 notes then you have to come up with creative ways to phrase, improvise, etc.

that was the original intent of the strickly Pentatonic thread

some good did come of the debate because consequently other strickly's were created(ie. strickly aeolian, strickly dorian, etc) to compensate and allow musicians to play other scales PERTINENT to the Strickly thread SPECIFIED along to a backing track.

but that's all in the long ago past,

it's good to see that Los Boleros's life is going better, and that he is back !!
    "Success is arriving at a Personal Satisfaction within yourself"

Dedicated To Guitar!!!

OK, thanks for the explanation. It was just light-hearted remark from me, I wasn't making a serious point at all.

But yes...pentatonic scales obviously have 5 notes lol .

Still, even with just 5 notes there must be, what, say 100million different possible licks/riffs/phrases you could play...so plenty of scope for variation there (as most contemporary guitarists have demonstrated over the last 50 years....ie it's a very popular scale, for a jolly good reason).

All the best, Ian.

ps:- I much prefer "Ian" ... I only used "Crossroads" because the name "Ian" was taken, and since I had to think of a new name, I used the name of the piece I'd just been playing that evening (ie EC's version of Crossroads).

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    Hey!!!!
    Welcome back Rudy!!!
    Long time no see old friend!!!!
    Nice to have you back here!!!

Hey Rudy!

Good to see your doing well!

Great to have you back again!

Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Schooligo
    well maybe a brief explanation is in order,(Crossroads IAN)

past history:
    well the only time that I can ever recall having an issue with Los Boleros was when certain members of the IBreatheMusic.com community(including Los Boleros) played MORE notes than the specific Strickly thread specified

meaning if it was the Pentatonic strickly(as this situation clearly was)that musicians ONLY play those 5 notes as specified by the strickly post,

the debate occured (between me and Los Boleros when I pointed out that these musicians were not playing a pentatonic scale) because some musicians played alot more notes than the 5 pentatonic notes specified

thereby no longer making it a Strickly pentatonic contribution,

my argument was(and still is) why call it a strickly pentatonic if you don't adhere to the fact that a pentatonic scale ONLY contains 5 notes, therefore since you only have 5 notes then you have to come up with creative ways to phrase, improvise, etc.

that was the original intent of the strickly Pentatonic thread

some good did come of the debate because consequently other strickly's were created(ie. strickly aeolian, strickly dorian, etc) to compensate and allow musicians to play other scales PERTINENT to the Strickly thread SPECIFIED along to a backing track.

but that's all in the long ago past,

it's good to see that Los Boleros's life is going better, and that he is back !!
    I see your still your bitter self.

Hey Sven, Sup man. I just have not had time to log onto this site. Music has been booming for me, I am running a night club on the Historical Fillmore Jazz District of San Francisco on Friday nights and my band is playing weddings every Saturday during the wedding season. Been spending more time than ever with marketing and website promotion. Years and years of optimasation are finally paying off.

I checked some of your articles. Cool stuff man!

Mod
    welcome back! everyone seems to be making their way back.

Welcome back Rudy ! ( 8 months overdue )

-best,
    Mike