Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Articles, and activity of the site...

Thanks guys, its good to be back. Sorry for the long hiatus. I did log in from time to time, but as I said, its busy times.
    Carvinite, thanks for asking. Unfortunately, right now there is no chance to share the articles elsewhere, other than in the mag itself, in German language. They are copyrighted, and therefore cant be posted, not even in translation. But who knows, there might be a way to publish a collection one day, and if thats the case, it will be translated too!
    Thanks everyone
    Eric

BTW: ChrisJ has started working on something new already...

in regards to carvinite not everything is as it appears,

carvinite has history of creating drama for both himself as well as at IBreatheMusic.com

but don't take my word for it, read his threads and posts yourself,

his history at IBreatheMusic.com is well documented with drama, for example check out his thread and his immaturity level when he's worried he got a girl pregnant.

well when he made the girl pregnant thread, it was very similar in mentality and drama to his comments about the forums closing

so based on his many unnecessary drama episodes, when he states that the forums are closing and that the site will close, I called him on it, and held him accountable.

now if you look at my threads and posts(and I've been one of the longest members since 2002), you will only notice one other instance where anything has happened, and it's unfortunately in much the same scenario.
    in that case it was when someone in the Strickly Pentatonic series chose not to play a pentatonic scale for the Strickly named specifically Pentatonic. some people were sympathetic to that persons decision to not play a pentatonic scale(same as this instance), but that doesn't mean he was right. As documented the thread was named Strickly Pentatonic for a specific reason and he should have used the pentatonic scale for his improvisation in that instance. some good almost always comes from these indepth discussions because then IBreatheMusic.com later went on to have more Stricklies that later suited many musicians desire to have a strickly for their improvisational tendencies.

anyway I've sent carvinite a pm and we agree to disagree, same as the situation with the member who chose not to play a pentatonic scale in the strickly pentatonic thread, and that should end it.

I've said what needed to be said in this thread, and people can choose to support whomever(or not choose at all, which IMHO would be a better preference), but I do hope this is the end of that controversy, as I plan to not post in this thread again.
    "Success is arriving at a Personal Satisfaction within yourself"

Dedicated To Guitar!!!

I agree I should not have brought my personal problems to a place like Ibreathe. but I was worried and much more immature then, than I am now. I do not claim that I am the most mature member here. I am by far much more immature than most of the members here. However when I brought that thread here I felt like I was in a corner and I did not have family or friends to talk to about it, so this was where I turned. And I got alot of great uplifting help from the community, but that is besides the point. That is only one instance where I brought unnneccesary drama to ibreathe, and I am not perfect. nor is anyone else. My track record is not tainted, my posts are not drama ridden messages. That is one time, and I do agree I should not have posted that thread here.

I look forward to this being over and watching you post and give good musical advice as you have done in the past.

Peace,

Ryan

Artistically Bankrupt
    ...so based on his many unnecessary drama episodes,
    This message board is amazing; I was needing a perfect example of over-the-top irony to show a friend and now I have one.
    "If a child learns which is jay and which is sparrow, he'll no longer see birds nor hear them sing."

I was considering closing this thread, but I hope that this settles the whole thing. I hope things will calm down a bit, and that there are no hard feelings or whatever.

Ibreathe will not close down anytime soon, and with the new article-system in place, new instructional content can be published. Chris Juergensen just wrote a new article, and it went live earlier today. I hope you all enjoy it!
    Eric

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    WOW!!! I just read all the way through that and am now no better off than I was before I started!!!
    Anywhooo, let's just get this place back to how it should be/was!!
    Good to see you back Eric, even if only briefly!!!

Great to see you back EricV.

Also great to see the new articles up. Loving the one about the Whole / Half Diminished.
    The guitar’s alright as a hobby, John (Lennon), but you'll never make a living from it. - His Aunt

Great to see you guys too, and I am glad you like the new articles. More to come soon, Ill try to get in touch with some of the other contributors to let them know that new articles can be written.
    Thanks
    Eric

EricV,

Good to hear from you and knowing there's some new stuff on the way...I'd better get woodshedding

Mike Campese will send in something new soon too, and I also am in touch with Tom Hess...
    Eric

...and the new article by Mike C. is online.
    Hope you guys will enjoy it!
    Eric

Awesome!

Just saw new Mike Campese article. Good stuff.

Mod
    we got new articles! Ibreathe Is still breathing!

p.s. this is an awesome community, lets try and be chill and keep this place as unique as it always has been.