Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Program that plays guitar chords

Program that plays guitar chords

Ok... I've got some pieces I want to practice right... There are chords written above some of the measures though. I need a software to simply just play the chords while I play the melody. Apart from Guitar Pro 5, is there another software where I can put in the chords on the score and have it sound like a real guitar?

www.jamstudio.com is one idea?

Bedroom metalurgist LaughingSkull's Avatar
    Band in a box, the guitar sucks, but if you need a jazzy backing of piano, bass, drums, string you can program some useful backing. The more you know the better it get.

Quote Originally Posted by Teletubby
    www.jamstudio.com is one idea?
    Thanks, but nahhh... they only have basica chords. I'm talking about more complex chords like the m9's and 7#5 and 7(#5,#9) and so on. I'm going through alot of jazz pieces.

Any of the main DAWS would do it. Cubase, Logic, Garageband, Ableton etc.

I have yet to hear a good guitar sample though, so you might have to use keys or something else, then you just program your midi chords and away ye go.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRuss
    Any of the main DAWS would do it. Cubase, Logic, Garageband, Ableton etc.

I have yet to hear a good guitar sample though, so you might have to use keys or something else, then you just program your midi chords and away ye go.
    Hmmm.. guitar sample doesn't matter that much to me. What's important is the ease of doing... I really don't want to use a program like Reason where I have to draw out each of the chords and define the time it'll hold out for.. I'm looking for a program that you can just say.. play Ab9 for 4 counts.. then 3 counts of Ebm9 there... and so on... but i'll check out the programs you just named. I don't know all of them. But if they're similiar/use the concept as Reason... Forgive the laziness... but I don't want to have to play the chords, i just want to say select them from a list. Guitar Power is an excellent program.. I wish I could line up chords with it... it'd b perfect!!!