I am glad you could use some of it

To add some more:
You can do a whole lot with the V chord! It doesn't have to be just a dominant seventh. Perhaps you have heard about "altered" chords? Those are basically dominant seventh chords where you manipulate, or add one or more tones.

Lets say you have an E9(this is a dominant seventh chord with a ninth, but we don't write the seventh. If it wasn't dominant, it'd be Emadd9 or Eadd9), you can raise the ninth a semitone. The chord is now an E7#9 chord.
You can play G minor pentatonic over this one. Generally, most people favor the Super Locrian scale over altered dominant chords but since I don't know how much theory you know, I give you both options.

Now, if you wanted to create a pitch axis tune ala satriani you could use this chord(for example). The following chord progression is just out of my head. I haven't tried it so I don't know how it works. When creating pitch axis progressions, there are NO theory to guide you. Why? because each chord changes the key and thus, every chord in the progression is a one-chord.

First, lets choose E as our tonal center. This means that E will be the bass note of al our chords. When creating a backing section for pitch axis tunes, you'll want the bass to hover around the tonal center. Which in this case is E.
So, lets say you wanted to use these scales:

Natural Minor
Locrian
Lydian Dominant
Super Locrian
Mixolydian

What you have to do now is to find out which chords these scales and modes work over.
Since the key changes at every chord, we will only use tonic chords.
Natural minor is a minor scale, and since the tonic is E, you'll use an E minor chord. You could also use minor7, minor add9 or any other in the minor family, but lets stick to the basic minor.
Locrian is the seventh mode in a major scale. What chord can be built on the seventh step(vii)? Diminished chords(or minor seventh flat 5) as I explained in my previous post. so for E Locrian, we have Edim or Em7b5.
Then comes lydian dominant. This scale is basically the lydian and mixolydian modes smashed together(it has a sharp fourth and a flat seventh) the flat seventh is why we call it dominant(therefore: lydian dominant). this works fine over dominant ninth chords. So for E Lydian Dominant, use an E9 chord.
As I mentioned earlier in this post, the chord for super locrian is generally altered dominant seventh chords. so for E Super Locrian, use an E7#9 chord.

Mixolydian is cool since it works over many different chords. For E mixolydian, you can use E7, E7sus4 and E11. There are other options available, but these I listed works best. I favor the E11 chord for mixolydian. to create an E11 chord, play a D major chord with E as the bass.

This formula can be used to create any 11th chord: major chord a whole step below tonic with the tonic as a bass note.

So, then we have the following progression:

Em, Em7b5, E9, E7#9, E11(or D/E)

Use the modes I listed above.

To create your own pitch axis progressions, all you have to do is:

-Choose tonal center
-Choose scales
-Find tonic chords for those scales

The ear is the judge in pitch axis.