Welcome!
Just a few a ground rules first...

Promotion, advertising and link building is not permitted.

If you are keen to learn, get to grips with something with the willing help of one of the net's original musician forums
or possess a genuine willingness to contribute knowledge - you've come to the right place!

Register >

- Close -

Thread: Jeff Buckley - 10 years today

Jeff Buckley - 10 years today

Well, its been 10 years since Jeff Buckley died in that drowning accident. I discovered Jeffs music by chance only a few years ago. He's one of my favorite artists and the reason i play guitar. A great talent, sadly lost. R.I.P Jeff.

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    One of the most intense performers I have seen! RIP Jeff!

Yeah, I discovered Jeff through a biography about both him and his father (I think it was call Dream Brother). Just a sad, sad story really, so much lost potential for both of them, but Jeff was so much earlier in his career too.

I love Jeff's cover of "Hallelujah", one of those few circumstances where I'd say the cover is better than the original. I wish I could find a recording of his version of "Strange Fruit" though, he has that really haunting voice that would suit the song perfectly.

Modally Challenged!!!! mattblack850's Avatar
    At the bottom of another Bottle of Brown Ale.
    If I remember rightly, there's a version of 'Strange fruit' on 'Live @ Sin-e'!!

Jeff's one of my all time favorites. His music is so personal and honest. He is one of those rare artist that when you hear his music it's like he is expressing what you are feeling inside exactly and you don't know if it's because you were feeling that way already or if it's just him that is making you feel that way. You are taken into his world completely when he starts to sing. His music is timeless. It could come out in any era and would have the same effect. What a huge loss.